PDA

View Full Version : Random Conditions

BruceDM
October 2nd, 2018, 01:38
I would like to make a table that generates a random condition, I would then like to be able to drag/drop the text of that condition to the combat tracker so the character is then effected by said condition.

Is this such a thing that is possible? I can do it kind of a convoluted long many clicks through pages, but I would like to automate it as much as possible.

Zacchaeus
October 2nd, 2018, 04:17
You can’t really do that. You can certainly link things to a table row such as items or story entries, but conditions aren’t something that you can link. The best you can do is create the table to generate just words and then use the conditions dialog to do the drag drop bit.

I have assumed 5e ruleset here since you didn’t mention what ruleset you were using. It might be possible in another ruleset to do what you want but I don’t think so.

LordEntrails
October 2nd, 2018, 05:40
I do it like Mr. Z's suggestion, I have a lingering wounds table. the text is formatted so that I can copy/drag it into a new effect on the CT. Not perfect, but works well.

Felix Montmorency
February 5th, 2019, 15:15
I tried to search it but I couldn't find, maybe I just overlooked. Is it possible to automatic roll on Lingering injuries table on a critical hit, or it is only possible manually?

Thank you in advance

Zacchaeus
February 5th, 2019, 17:57
There is a critical hits and fumbles table built into FG. You will find the module in your modules folder and it needs to be loaded just like any other module. You'll then need to switch on the critical hits option in options for it to work.

I don't know whether that contains lingering injuries or not but once you have loaded the module if you go into your tables menu you can see the tables for critical hits and fumbles. You can edit those tables if you like to whatever injuries etc that you want. Just don't rename the tables.