PDA

View Full Version : Mapping Ranges to Strings / Effects

ducbian
June 27th, 2006, 08:23
After much pouring over the XML source I think I am right in saying we currently have no way to map certain ranges of values to strings.

For example I'm trying to create custom character sheets for Twilight: 2000 presently and it has several quite complicated derived values handling wounding and hit capacity (another derived value that is different for each hit location), such that a location has several thresholds for damage;

0 < current < 0.5*Hit Capacity : Unhurt
0.5*HC < current < HC : Scratched
etc...

Each different catagory has different effects on various primary stats, at present I've settled for just calculating the thresholds using a long list of number controls.

Obviously 1.6 and lua will solve all our problems, I just wanted some reassurance is really is impossible till we get the new version.

tdwyer11b
June 27th, 2006, 10:08
Nice!! Glad to see someones working on a Twighlight 2000 ruleset. Some of the younger gamers are probably scratching their heads right now:D

ducbian
June 27th, 2006, 11:38
It's going slowly at the moment, concentrating on making a good character sheet and moving the stuff over that needs to be moved; vehicle / weapon cards and suchlike...

Hopefully 1.06 will make my life easier.

Toadwart
June 27th, 2006, 21:56
Afraid so.
Numbercontrols can be calculated but the same functionality isn't available (yet) for string (or multistate) controls...