PDA

View Full Version : Financing question

qwiksilver711
October 1st, 2018, 18:27
Hello,

I see a financing for 6 months option on the store. Has anyone done this? I’m considering this option but there’s no faq I can find about it.
Essentially I want to get in this platform ASAP. If I were to subscribe to the ult license, should I be able to finance some of the core books and modules? I did the maths and if I were to get the books and modules I need to purely just get off the ground and going, it will take me about 4 months. But if I financed it it is a full 20 or so per months under my ttrpg budget.

I was mostly curious as if there is a limit they have in how much they finance, and also if it’s just licenses or if they finance references and modules too.

Trenloe
October 1st, 2018, 19:10
Welcome to the forums.

The finance is provided 100% by PayPal credit, Fantasy Grounds really has little to do with it. See the PayPal credit banner link at the bottom of the store page.

qwiksilver711
October 1st, 2018, 19:18
That completely answers my question. I will see the PayPal faq. Thank you!!!

damned
October 1st, 2018, 22:11
also - dont feel you have to get everything at once - even on the finance route.
starting with a license, phb and an adventure works for a lot of people.

qwiksilver711
October 2nd, 2018, 00:54
Heh. Unfortunately we are transitioning from being well established elsewhere. So in order to play with the various oddball races (looking at you tabaxi) and the class archetypes they’ve chosen, as I understand it I’ll need phb, xanathars, volos, mm, and the phb as well as the various modules I’m running.

JohnD
October 2nd, 2018, 04:36
Heh. Unfortunately we are transitioning from being well established elsewhere. So in order to play with the various oddball races (looking at you tabaxi) and the class archetypes they’ve chosen, as I understand it I’ll need phb, xanathars, volos, mm, and the phb as well as the various modules I’m running.

Good choice. FG is worth it.

Andraax
October 2nd, 2018, 05:31

Well, you don't *need* them. If you already have the books in another form, you can manually enter all the needed data. Buying the modules just saves you the data entry.