PDA

View Full Version : SFS #1-04: Cries From the Drift Sun October 7 @ 1 PM GMT

stephan_
October 1st, 2018, 18:02
A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-4.

A missing Starfinder ship's distress signal would have gone unnoticed were it not for a passerby detecting it and selling the information to the Society. The PCs are to travel to the crippled starship, and once aboard, reach the bridge in order to piece together the tragic story of the vessel's lost crew. Only by unraveling the mysteries of the drifting starship can the PCs hope to uncover information critical to the Exo-Guardians future operations.

Content in Cries From the Drift also contributes to the ongoing goals of the Exo-Guardians faction.

Written by Joe Pasini.

Starfinder Society Scenario Tags: Faction (Exo-Guardians), Starship

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and either Teamspeak or Discord (currently connection issues with Teamspeak).

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3209), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet), either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel).

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Other notes:

To speed up the session, you might also want to discuss starship roles in advance.

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Newcomers to SF, SFS and/or FG are welcome.

TheNIRL
October 4th, 2018, 21:25
Hello. I am a complete newcomer, only familiar with the basics of D&D as of writing this post, and would absolutely love to participate in this scenario. I have already been instructed on how to create a character on FG, and am in the process of familiarizing myself with the specifics of the system, which shouldn't take more than one or two days. If my commitment to coming into the game on Sunday knowing at least the basics of SF sounds serious enough, I would love to be granted the opportunity to put my mechanic character to the test and meeting some new roleplaying friends!

stephan_
October 4th, 2018, 22:03
Sure, it's always good to get new players. Be aware that there might be some restrictions on character creation in the Roleplaying Guild Guide (https://paizo.com/products/btpy9vlp?Starfinder-Society-Roleplaying-Guild-Guide).

The most important rules you might want to read up on are the ones specific to your charater and the parts about actions in combat and movement.

TheNIRL
October 4th, 2018, 22:25
Wonderful, thank you very much. I have already read through all the combat rules, both outside, and inside spaceships, created a test character in FG with the help of Matt (The Fit GM on Discord), and am now in the process of re-reading everything more in-depth, so that I have as little a chance as possible to bog your game down with questions. I will not be a nuisance. Cheers!

stephan_
October 5th, 2018, 13:22
Sure. While being prepared is good don't worry too much about it. New players will make mistakes, that's the natural order of things. And I'm pretty sure there is no game where each and every rule is followed to a T.

stephan_
October 6th, 2018, 20:44
Five people confirmed for tomorrow, ne maye. Remember to send me your charater and previous chronicle sheet.

chrisnhurd
October 7th, 2018, 05:48
Here is the character I was planning to play tomorrow. This is my first SFS game so no previous chronicle sheets. Looking forward to the game!

stephan_
October 7th, 2018, 09:42
Alright, thanks.

stephan_
October 7th, 2018, 10:02
FG alias and voice channel can be found in the game calendar under GM announcements - Technical details (lower right corner).

stephan_
October 7th, 2018, 11:59
I will have the server up in an hour, unless someone needs it earlier.

stephan_
October 7th, 2018, 13:07
The server is up.

stephan_
October 7th, 2018, 22:47
Everyone should have received a chronicle draft.

stephan_
October 9th, 2018, 08:27
Everyone should have received a signed chronicle but be sure to check for any errors.

The next game will either be (irregularly) on SAT 10/13 2 PM GMT or regularly on SUN 10/21 12.30 or 1 PM GMT.

As some might have already played #1-05 The First Mandate and as #1-06 A Night in Nightarch is for level 3 characters or above I will probably run #1-07 The Solar Sortie.

So two questions:

1. Would anyone be interested in the SAT date or should I schedule it for next SUN?

2. Would everyone be OK with #1-07 or should I schedule something else instead (#1-05, #1-09, ...)

TheNIRL
October 9th, 2018, 13:45
I'm totally interested in that saturday time slot, as there is a potential AP starting on sunday that would clash withit if I'm accepted, and Cassie still being level 1, any adventure she can partake in will be wonderful. I did notice a potential mistake in her character sheet, it being that I think it's supposed to be sheet #1, and not sheet #2. I messaged you on discord about it. Thank you for hosting more games!

stephan_
October 9th, 2018, 13:56
See Discord.

chrisnhurd
October 9th, 2018, 20:43
I would definitely be interested in a 10/13 game. Unfortunately, I will probably not be available for 10/21.

The only SFS scenario I have run is 1_04 so I would be happy with whatever works best for the group.

stephan_
October 9th, 2018, 21:32
Alright, thanks.

Currently three people interested, if I get one more, I'll go with SAT either #1-05 or #1-07.

Bulldogging
October 9th, 2018, 22:53
I'd personally like a Saturday game. I did hit level 3 on that last one though. :cry:

stephan_
October 10th, 2018, 12:54
Even with 1-2 level 3 characters the subtier will most likely still be 1-2 (as the other players only have level 1s).

Three possibilities:

1. Play out of subtier. (Be aware that first the encounters will be easier and second that it does stifle character development somewhat if you play a few games out of subtier - less total credits at higher levels).

2. Make a new character. (Obviously you wouldn't be able to play your previous character for this session or apply any boons to that character).

3. We'll make a Tier 3-4 game, e.g. #1.06. (Players who don't have level 3 characters yet would however have to play pregens in that case.)

I have no preferences between 1 and 2 but would prefer to avoid 3 so people are not forced to play pregens (unless they explicitly state that they don't mind).

TheNIRL
October 10th, 2018, 14:06
Well, just to clarify where I stand here, I need some sort of attachment to the character I play. So a pregen is really out of what I'm looking for in such a roleplaying game...

stephan_
October 10th, 2018, 17:22
1hour earlier so as to not interfere with other games:

SFS #1-07: The Solar Sortie Sat October 13 @ 1 PM GMT (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46008)

TheNIRL
October 10th, 2018, 20:04
Thanks for giving a chance to us level 1's!

Bulldogging
October 11th, 2018, 06:20
Even with 1-2 level 3 characters the subtier will most likely still be 1-2 (as the other players only have level 1s).

Three possibilities:

1. Play out of subtier. (Be aware that first the encounters will be easier and second that it does stifle character development somewhat if you play a few games out of subtier - less total credits at higher levels).

2. Make a new character. (Obviously you wouldn't be able to play your previous character for this session or apply any boons to that character).

3. We'll make a Tier 3-4 game, e.g. #1.06. (Players who don't have level 3 characters yet would however have to play pregens in that case.)

I have no preferences between 1 and 2 but would prefer to avoid 3 so people are not forced to play pregens (unless they explicitly state that they don't mind).

No problem! I'll try to keep my eyes open for future higher level games.

stephan_
October 13th, 2018, 13:01
Alright. :)