PDA

View Full Version : After the first adventure

Silas1066
June 27th, 2006, 03:07
Some things that went wrong in our first adventure...

At one point, a player couldn't load the map that was shared out. He had to exit the game competely and then come back in.

Tokens are a real problem. If the DM puts them in the shared folder, it can crash the clients. One player couldn't see his token (a wizard). He could see every other token -just not that one! This is a buggy area of the game that needs to be fixed.

Mouse scrolling was inconsistent. Players couldn't scroll through portraits, even though the DM could.

Everyone whined about lack of sound, although I don't think it is a big deal.

When is 1.06 coming out? I'm not sure the product is quite "ready for prime time" -there are a number of bugs and issues that need to be worked out.

mr_h
June 27th, 2006, 13:57
Some things that went wrong in our first adventure...
Tokens are a real problem. If the DM puts them in the shared folder, it can crash the clients. One player couldn't see his token (a wizard). He could see every other token -just not that one! This is a buggy area of the game that needs to be fixed.

I've had a few issues with tokens in my games too...sometimes players had to restart the game (If they are free tokens, I just send the PC's a copy, since it's a lil easier that way).

Silas1066
June 27th, 2006, 17:29
when I send the tokens to the player, even if they put them into the token folder for the campaign, they still can't them.

I've found I have to put the tokens on the board before anyone can see them.

Ablefish
June 27th, 2006, 21:36
I thought that was by design? So players couldn't see your surprise tokens and know what's coming.

Thore_Ironrock
June 27th, 2006, 22:15
At one point, a player couldn't load the map that was shared out. He had to exit the game competely and then come back in.

This is likely a firewall or NAT problem with your player. We had the same thing with Norton Internet Security preventing a my player from receiving a map about 15 minutes after his initial connection. It is likely that the software "refreshed" itself and prevented future connections even through it initiallly got through.

I would have your player turn off any and all security they have running on their computer and see if they have the same problem, and/or make sure their router settings/security is correct. If that fixes the problem, they have something configured wrong.

Hope that helps.

;)

2ed paladin
June 28th, 2006, 14:17
We had our first real session a few nights ago and had one player that kept losing a map. I found that if I just used the "share again" (I know thats not right) button he was able to see it again.

Jozan
July 6th, 2006, 04:57
For some reason in my games when my DM shares a map it doesn't load for me and he has to reshare it to me and it shows just find. The first time it says that I may want to check a network setting because it wouldn't allow me to receive, which I don't get since it shows up on the 2nd attempt...oh well...