PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e Dragon Heist + Dungeon of the Mad Mage (when it releases): LFPs

Dugahst
October 1st, 2018, 00:29
FG License: Ultimate (players need only demo), I have all the official books in FG.
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: EST
Day of week: Friday (weekly), starting when we get a full roster of PCs
Planned Time and Duration: 7-7:30ish pm, shooting for 3 hour sessions but ending when it feels right each night.
Term: Long Term (levels 1-20)

Text or Voice: Voice through Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: Whatever the module is.
Number of Players needed: 5
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, character creation per official rules.
Character restrictions: PHB + 1 official source (no homebrew).

Details of your scenario: Dragon Heist module following up with Dungeon of the Mad Mage (when it releases).

Please post responses to this thread (no PMs), I will edit the post with the names to those that get in (which will typically be first come first served) on this thread.

About Me: I started playing a few months prior to 5e being released, we were playing 4e at the time and immediately switched over when 5e came out. Since then I have DM'ed a few 5e homebrew campaigns (one an ebberon, one a spelljammer) as well as game mastering some other systems (Open Legend, 4e, Shadow of the Demon Lord). This will be my first time running a published module, though I have read quite a few of the advenutres (after having played in them) and run some one shots that were officially published.
Looking forward to a great game!

Edit; Game is filled (unless we lose someone), still accepting standbys in case someone drops
PCs so far; DealBreaker, abrooks191, leftropolis, jafo, Skulltula

Standby: Pinholindo

DealBreaker
October 1st, 2018, 08:19
**edit: I have standard licence (not that that matters for you) and more importantly, I am new to FG so I may have a lot of the "how do I do..." questions.

Hi Dugahst,

I'd be interested in joining. I am in Mountain time (two hours behind you) and could do Fridays at 7pm EST (5pm my time) but I would prefer to start an hour or half an hour later if that would be possible for you/the party members so that I have a bit of extra time in case I have to stay a little late at work. A 3 hour session sounds good and I am also okay with sessions running a bit longer (max 5 hours).

I have discord, but I'd prefer not to leave that here on a public forum. If you want me to join the game I am sure we can figure it out through PMs or something.

Character stuff: Sounds good to me, I prefer to make characters as a group or at least after chatting with the others. I have several half-baked ideas and am willing to work with/around other's preferences.

About me: I'm a pen and paper player and have been playing for a few months after 5e was released. I've played in a few shorter campaigns and have DM'd several short adventures (1-3 sessions) and 2 longish campaigns (6 and 8 months; one ending in a near TPK in the fight with the big bad with the only survivor being the fighter, and the other wrapped up with PCs foiling a devil's plots to goad two empires into war). As a player and DM I am much more interested in a character's goals, fears, values, and relationships than I am in any of the numbers written on the sheet. Overall I prefer RP and story, but I certainly enjoy combat especially when it serves a purpose. Hope to hear from you soon!

Dugahst
October 1st, 2018, 16:58
I would be ok starting at 7:30ish

abrooks191
October 1st, 2018, 17:20
Hey man, I'm super new to FG but I'm super interested in playing a online game and wanting to try out the program for possible purchase for the future. I currently looking to finally get to play a game, currently I am forever DM for my local group for the past two years and looking for weekly game to get to play in consistently.

I'm Central Time so the time is perfect just one hour behind. I have discord I use it and look at it daily.

About Me: Been playing 5e for 2 years but played 3.5 back in 2011. I got to be a player when I first started for a few months till our DM just quit on us. I took up the mantel and haven't looked back sense. I've finished a good bit of campaigns and have brought a lot of people into this awesome hobby. I love good RP and disbelief of trpg's. Some of my best friends are because of the hobby.

Dugahst
October 1st, 2018, 17:47
Ya I know what that’s like, I’ve been looking for a game to be a player in for awhile now to no avail. Since it’s better to DM than not play at all, I’m starting this game.

Leftropolis
October 1st, 2018, 17:54
I would be interested in joining

abrooks191
October 1st, 2018, 18:05
I couldn't agree more. It's the reason I have always been the guy who DMs.

Jafo
October 1st, 2018, 18:35
I would like to join.

I live in the Central Time Zone and those times would be good for me.
I am 45yo. I played with a group earlier in the year for a few months before it fell apart. Other than that I haven't played since the 80s unless you count crpg.

Since it has been so long since I've played I dont have any particular preferences regarding characters or play style. I'd be willing to play what the party needs once every one else has chosen. Got to learn it all.

DealBreaker
October 1st, 2018, 20:09
This is starting to look like the game for the 'forever DMs'

Skulltula
October 2nd, 2018, 01:25
Hi i'm very interested in joining! I have never used Fantasy Grounds before so it would be a first but i have over 200+ hours playing and even more hours as a DM. I have also never played a module before only custom games.
If you require more information feel free to DM me anytime.

Pinholindo
October 2nd, 2018, 01:34
Howdy. I'm new to Fantasy grounds and to tabletop rpgs in general, with only 93 hours of experience playing 5e. I live on Pacific Daylight Time (3 hours behind EST).

Dugahst
October 2nd, 2018, 02:01
Howdy. I'm new to Fantasy grounds and to tabletop rpgs in general, with only 93 hours of experience playing 5e. I live on Pacific Daylight Time (3 hours behind EST).

Ok Pin, you're on standby in case someone drops out