PDA

View Full Version : LFG Player wanting to join games

Icefoxemily
September 30th, 2018, 20:26
Hello everyone!

I am looking for a group to join to play some campaigns with. I have been tabletop gaming for a few years now and have been playing on other sites but I really want to try out fantasy grounds now. So what are my interests?

What systems do I like?: Really I enjoy most tabletop game systems. My most experienced ones are D&D5e, Pathfinder, Stars Without Number, and Blades in the Dark.

What Systems do I hate?: The only system I for sure know I don't like is Champions/heros 5e. I've tried to learn it a few times but I never felt like I had a good group to teach me so I'm just kinda done with it.

So what systems do I want to play right now?: Pathfinder, Pathfinder 2e, Stars Without Number, Westbound, D&D 5e, D&D 4e, Starbound and any that someone would like to introduce me to that I might like.

What kind of group am I looking for?: Preferably only 3 or 4 PCs. I feel like once you get to 4 you start to get to the max amount that you can before roleplaying starts taking a huge hit and people are constantly talked over. I also love to roleplay and do enjoy combat to some extent depending on how it is done. I really enjoy coming up with backstories in really involved worlds where I can talk to the DM to decide what sounds like it has really good plothooks and character development opportunities. Also since I don't really enjoy combat as much as roleplay I do not min-max. My character stats will usually be what I think makes sense for the character with some focus on making sure I at least have decent stats in my key skills. I do not at all like Min-Maxers from my experiences. So I would prefer to avoid them. I also enjoy a lot of homebrew content. Whats the point of playing if you can't make the game truly unique? I also would rather not play in any game with crit fail tables when the game really isn't made for it. I also am not a fan of crit tables either. So if you want to use that stuff it would be best not to ask me to join.

An idea for a campaign I'd love to play in right now: I have been playing Bladestorm recently and it made feel like playing in a mercenary campaign where you join multiple sides in a war for profit but also end up meeting plenty of military officials as well as other mercenaries that joined for their own reasons. A lot of it would revolve around mass combat where the players and other important characters lead squads in combat or are their own squad. Possibly more of a dynasty warriors idea where key people are just stronger than normal soldiers and can clear them out easily but and the only real threat are other commanders. It could also be changed to be more like a game to decide who wins conflicts so that either magic or physic talent keep all combatants alive to compete again at a later date. This idea could work in a D&D 4 or 5e system with low magic I'd think. Maybe Stars Without Number with homebrew early tech content. I think there is a lot of cool stuff that could come from this idea.

Time Availability: All times will be in EST
Monday - Thursday: 5pm-12pm
Saturday: 9am-3pm
Sunday: 1pm-12pm

Personal info: i am a 25 year old male but I do want to be a girl and as such only play female characters. I go by a few names and feel free to call me either Icefox, Emily, Matt, or whatever my characters name will be. I work warehouse during the week and am in a few campaigns at the moment. I personally prefer to use discord for play when it comes to voice. I also will not do any text based games since I just find them boring.

My characters in general: So all my characters are female and tend to be made for the campaign. Sometimes they are a kind knight who wants to make things right. Sometimes its a Scythe wielding girl out for revenge and bloodshed. It might be your a Mercenary who usually is just out to do a job but still has a soft heart. One thing is usually pretty constant and that is that my characters are usually some form of nobility that had a tragedy happen. Not all of them are but it tends to be a trope I use a lot. Anything from narrowly escaping revolting planet to refusing to an arranged marriage and being demoted to a simple knight. I like to keep plothooks and the possibility of my character taking back her right to rule and usually keeping her siblings alive during the backstory so there can be some good connections and fun surprises.

So thanks for reading! Feel free to send me a PM if you think I would be a good fit for your game.

damned
October 1st, 2018, 22:33
Have a look at the games running at FG Con 13.
There are plenty of 5E, Savage Worlds and Pathfinder games running.
Playing Con games allows you to meet other GMs and Players which can lead to further game opportunities.
https://www.fg-con.com/events