PDA

View Full Version : Can't move tokens? Clear map? New to fantasy grounds.

Epicgodofchaos
September 30th, 2018, 15:49
I've been trying for hours now to move tokens on an image I put on the campaign, but they just won't, it dosn't seem to matter where I drag the tokens from, they don't move, and it's cluttered up the map, but now I can't find any way to clear the image up to try further testing either. This is driving me crazy and I haven't found anything around that helps, sorry if I'm missing something really obvious here but I just can't seem to get this to work, and googling hasn't brought any help either.

Trenloe
September 30th, 2018, 17:04
Welcome to the forums.

Are you running any extensions? Specifically the Advanced Kombat or Enhanced Images extensions that provide map layers? If you are, make sure you're on the same layer as the tokens, otherwise you can't interact with them. If you're not using these extensions, then please provide a screenshot showing your issue.

LordEntrails
September 30th, 2018, 17:28
I'd also suggest if you are having show stripper type issues like this that you jump on either the official FG or the FG College discord servers. Both are active and someone can usually help in just a minute or two. You should be able to find the links using the site search, on phone myself or would link them for you.

Epicgodofchaos
September 30th, 2018, 17:55
The only extensions I have running are D&D Monster Manual Desktop Decal, D&D Players Handbook Desktop Decal, and Theme-Dungeon. Using 3.5/pathfinder(trying to set up for 3.5 particularly).

https://gyazo.com/dc9123cc1503c7a8833adcf7ef5c9e20
The tokens when dragged sometimes made those big weirder tokens.

I didn't know there were FG discords, thanks LordEntrails.

Skillkoil
September 30th, 2018, 17:57
Did you add the tokens to the map from the Combat Tracker? If so does deleting the entry from the combat tracker not delete the token from the map? If you need further help you can click the link in my signature to the FG College discord for live help or join the FG Discord as LordEntrails suggested.

Trenloe
September 30th, 2018, 18:03
https://gyazo.com/dc9123cc1503c7a8833adcf7ef5c9e20
The tokens when dragged sometimes made those big weirder tokens.
That looks like you have some weird scaling going on. Those 2 big tokens look like the condition/effect icons that get applied to a token based off conditions/effects on them in the combat tracker. Sometimes they can appear like that (or, reversely, very small) if a lot of scaling of the base token is going on.

First thing to try - right-click on the base token (not the large condition icons) and select "Release token scale". What do you see then?

Epicgodofchaos
September 30th, 2018, 18:31
Taking them out of the combat tracker does work(for the ones that used that), but I can't click anything, clicking the tokens just moves the map, and using the selection tool just has the token surrounded in a dark circle, right clicking just has the same default options(pointers, sharing,selection modes, drawing, layers, reseize, minimize, and close window). The only way I've found to move tokens on this is to move the token from combat tracker to the image, which will then move it somewhere else. Ah I finnaly got it to start working, though it brought more questions.... apparently having the grid set up wasn't letting me select the tokens?

Trenloe
September 30th, 2018, 18:40
Thanks for posting the animated image. Turn off the dungeon theme - I seem to remember this older theme causes the issue.

JohnD
September 30th, 2018, 20:31
Do you have a grid drawn on the map? Without the grid, FG doesn't know how big to make the tokens that represent creatures.

Epicgodofchaos
October 1st, 2018, 17:16
Thanks Trenloe, that does appear to have been the issue, it was working fine sometimes and others just going crazy.