PDA

View Full Version : LFP: 2-3 for Savage Worlds, HELLFROST Sundays 4-8 EST.

Moranthus
September 30th, 2018, 01:32
Advertising for an upcoming dark fantasy game using the Savage Worlds, Hellfrost setting. Review the game info below and respond to this message or send me a forum message if you are interested or if you have any questions. Thanks!

FG License: Standard (you will need a licensed copy to play, sorry).
Game System: Savage Worlds, Hellfrost Setting

Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: Sunday 4:00PM

If new game, planned start date: Before end of October

Duration & Frequency: Weekly, four hour session.
Term: This is a long-term game. I expect the initial campaign to run for 6-9 months. Play may continue beyond that.

Text or Voice: Text ONLY (be brave - it can be amazing)

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 committed players who have gamed with me long term, looking for 2-3 more.
Character starting level & equipment: New Savage Worlds Fantasy Characters, standard starting equipment

Details of the scenario:

This is a custom campaign I am working on for the Hellfrost setting. The campaign is being written in a loose format that will allow for the players to change the course of events through play. Here's a bit of a teaser that describes the beginning of the events detailed in the campaign itself.

From the journal of Echbert Escher, Armorer of the city of Spyre:

It has been more than 500 years since the Blizzard War waged across Rassilon, bringing the cold and the wind and the terrors from the North. Long years have passed since the great wall of ice known as the Icebarrier rose to draw a line between the rest of the lands and the cursed Hellfrost.

But these have not been easy times for those who survived the terrible war. Each year the spring thaws come later, and the turning leaves of fall appear sooner…. The winters between are longer, darker, colder and full of terror. Each year the lands grow colder and darker and begin to resemble more the white hell that lies beyond the Icebarrier.

Many fear that a long winter from which Rassilon shall not recover awaits us. That it is inevitable as the coming snow… I fear they may be right.

I was just a boy working for the armorer Haldrin in the great market of Spyre when it first began. I had little more care than making sure Haldrin was happy enough with me to feed and clothe me and not turn me out into the cold of the mountain each winter. So, I did not think much of them when I first saw them. They were just mercenaries then, come up the mountain with a caravan brave enough to make the journey so close to winter… I didn’t know that they would soon hold the fate of my city, my mountain and perhaps the fate of all the Freelands in their hands.

How could I have known? None of us knew the horrors that winter would bring…. The sacrifices that would be required. I was just a boy who was yet ignorant of the forgotten evil, a ghost of that long-ago war, that would soon stir from its ancient sleep within our mountain…

tymanthius
September 30th, 2018, 16:08
This sounds like the kind of campaign I've been looking for. I do not know the SW rules, but I own the book and have wanted to play it for while now. I've been playing RPG's for over 30 year, and Warhammer is my favorite, but I like grimdark over all. Kind of tired of DnD.

Feel free to pm me or respond here to interview me.

OldCowboyGames
September 30th, 2018, 19:57
Im familiar with Savage worlds. Mostly played rifts but yours looks fun. Im completely new to Fantasy Grounds though, but have been tinkering with it.
would love to join in if you would have me.

Moranthus
September 30th, 2018, 22:47
Im familiar with Savage worlds. Mostly played rifts but yours looks fun. Im completely new to Fantasy Grounds though, but have been tinkering with it.
would love to join in if you would have me.

Thanks for your interest sir! PM sent.