PDA

View Full Version : Hellfrost Players Guide Equipment Errata

alfarobl
September 28th, 2018, 10:39
Hi,

Found some issues with the Equipment list on the Hellfrost Player's Guide...

Armor:
Scale Hauberk +3 (it should be +2 according to Book)

Shield:
There is only Small Shield listed (it should add Medium and Large Shields with Availability on Book there are three types instead of only one)

Doswelk
October 10th, 2018, 18:55
Took me long enough but I have just made the changed and pushed it up to Smiteworks, you should be updated shortly

alfarobl
October 17th, 2018, 23:44
Took me long enough but I have just made the changed and pushed it up to Smiteworks, you should be updated shortly

Thank you! Just got the new update and fixed. I have a new issue don't know if it was before but Column "avail" on all the Equipment and gear comes out with "-" instead of V,C,T? Is this normal?

Doswelk
October 18th, 2018, 07:31
You will have to show me a screen shot, as I know that the last time the party bought some equipment in my game (about 2 weeks back) the letters were showing up.

alfarobl
October 18th, 2018, 11:24
You will have to show me a screen shot, as I know that the last time the party bought some equipment in my game (about 2 weeks back) the letters were showing up.

Yes. Before they were there but now they show empty with a dash.

Doswelk
October 18th, 2018, 14:09
Thanks I'll take another look

Doswelk
October 18th, 2018, 18:37
I cannot recreate the problem what versions are you running?

type /ver in chat window

alfarobl
October 24th, 2018, 10:10
I cannot recreate the problem what versions are you running?

type /ver in chat window

Wow, that is weird. At least I know that it works for some... strange will try to create a new campaign clean to see if it works there... I did 2 screenshots one with all loaded, and another with no .ext and just the PG manual just in case.

alfarobl
October 24th, 2018, 10:26
Nothing... same issue with clean campaign and nothing loaded. It is weird as info about avail. is there when you open item but just not on column. I am out of ideas... I can live with info on item itself. But it used to show before changes on tables. Will keep a watch if it works later on with any ruleset update. Thank you for your help.

Talyn
October 24th, 2018, 14:49
Kevin, I'm showing the same thing on my end too. No extensions other than the theme. Glanced through the armor list markup and I don't see anything wrong off-hand.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25082&stc=1&d=1540388938

Ikael
October 24th, 2018, 15:32
Kevin, I will give you a hint: the data should be called "availability" not "avail".

Doswelk
October 24th, 2018, 15:38
Are you bringing the tables up from the Library or from Items?

I think when opened from Library the column is missing, but when opened from Items (the way I always do it - old skool me) the availability is displayed.

Talyn
October 24th, 2018, 15:47
I'm bringing mine up from the Library link, because that's the only place you get the actual Savage Worlds window class like this.

As Ikael says, the new data is "availability" so in my DEV copy I changed all the <avail> open and close tags to <availability> and also in the armor list (that's the one I've been looking at, skipping the others for now) I changed <name type="string">avail</name> to <name type="string">availability</name> so the list would poll the new data, but it's still coming up as a dash in the list.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25083&stc=1&d=1540392368

Also you'll notice the barding entries say "Covers head and Torsi" for some reason. A case-sensitive find/replace for "and Torsi" replace with "and torso" corrects that.

EDIT: DISREGARD the graphic! For some reason the lists all contain the @Hellfrost Players Guide module reference, so of course it's not showing the correct data since the official module has not yet been updated. Removing those fixed it, so yes, simply correcting <avail> to <availability> (and the list) fixes it.

alfarobl
October 24th, 2018, 15:47
Are you bringing the tables up from the Library or from Items?

I think when opened from Library the column is missing, but when opened from Items (the way I always do it - old skool me) the availability is displayed.

Yes. I do open from Hellfrost Library directly instead of Items... that was the difference.

Ikael
October 24th, 2018, 15:53
You are on the right track but probably using out-dated version. All you need to do to fix the issue is to name all <name type="string">avail</name> to <name type="string">availability</name>
I tested this on machine and it worked. The same issue exists in Hellfrost: Land of Fire (S2P100017PGFG2) and in Deadlands: Hell On Earth (TAG10104FG2) modules. Kevin, can you fix all of these?

I'm bringing mine up from the Library link, because that's the only place you get the actual Savage Worlds window class like this.

As Ikael says, the new data is "availability" so in my DEV copy I changed all the <avail> open and close tags to <availability> and also in the armor list (that's the one I've been looking at, skipping the others for now) I changed <name type="string">avail</name> to <name type="string">availability</name> so the list would poll the new data, but it's still coming up as a dash in the list.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25083&stc=1&d=1540392368

Also you'll notice the barding entries say "Covers head and Torsi" for some reason. A case-sensitive find/replace for "and Torsi" replace with "and torso" corrects that.

Doswelk
October 24th, 2018, 23:11
Fixed versions uploaded to Smiteworks, along with Land of Fire and another Hellfrost Module (nearly got them all done now!)

alfarobl
October 31st, 2018, 21:40
Downloaded and now it is fixed! Thanks a lot!

ProfDogg
May 23rd, 2020, 00:58
Just caught this: The Diverse racial ability under humans lists Hearth Elf as being a requirement.

Doswelk
May 23rd, 2020, 08:23
Just caught this: The Diverse racial ability under humans lists Hearth Elf as being a requirement.
Nope do not see the problem here :p

I'll fix it :)