PDA

View Full Version : Demo Game - Player looking for DM

coolpenguin410
June 25th, 2006, 19:14
Looking to join a DnD game with the Demo of FG. Very excited, but want to try before I buy. Looking for something in the evenings (around 6pm or later GMT -5) Mon-Sat or anytime on Sunday. Just want to try one game before I'm sold on it.

I'm not very good at DM'ing so if anyone else is in the same boat, let me know.

Griogre
June 25th, 2006, 21:41
You can also run two copies of the demo on one computer and have them connect to each other so you can see the differences between the DM and player versions.

Diana
June 25th, 2006, 22:22
I'd be interested in trying a demo game, either as a DM or as a player, though for DMing, I'd have to prep in advance.

Timezone GMT-4, could be available an evening after 8:00pm EST.

Would any one know what the estimated play time for the demo would be?

Diana

coolpenguin410
June 26th, 2006, 02:40
After 8 is fine for me. Just let me know what day. I'd volunteer to be a DM, but I've never done it before and I don't think I'd be very good.

Do we have any other takers?

Korin
June 26th, 2006, 13:11
I'd like to join! Just tried the demo and it looks great! Trying it 'in action' would be nice. I'd rather be a player than GM, since in RL it's usualy the other way around I'd like a change :) The time sounds okay, just name the day, I'll be there! :)

coolpenguin410
June 26th, 2006, 17:03
Great, that's 2 players and a DM (if you don't mind Diana). If we cannot get a third or fourth, I will try to get my g/f to play on a second instance.

Diana, since this looks like it will be your game, you pick the time/day.

Anyone else want to join?

Pellegro
June 26th, 2006, 17:04
I'd be interested. Most any night (after this week) after 8PM EST works for me.

Thanks.

Griogre
June 26th, 2006, 18:11
FYI The Demo is limited to one DM and two players.

Korin
June 26th, 2006, 19:23
Looks like we got enough (sort of)...by the way isn't this demo a bit too restricted? Better than nothing I suppose, but still :)

Griogre
June 26th, 2006, 19:30
Looks like we got enough (sort of)...by the way isn't this demo a bit too restricted? Better than nothing I suppose, but still :)
I totally aggree with you. I would have bought FG quite a few months earlier but for concerns about my five player plus me group being able to run FG and voice software at the sametime.

coolpenguin410
June 26th, 2006, 20:09
Sorry Pellegro...I hate to lock someone out. If that's the case it'll just be Korin, Diana and I.

Pellegro
June 27th, 2006, 05:57
Hey, we work with the free tools we're given, right? :D

Maybe next time round.

Diana
June 30th, 2006, 02:28
How about evening EST (GMT-4) on Sunday July 9 for a demo game?

Perhaps July 9, 7-9pm EST? We can try it with Skype or text, which ever you prefer.

I will put the demo game on the game calendar so you can see the time in your time zone.

Diana

Diana
June 30th, 2006, 02:31
Anyway, please let me know if the time works for you. Due to my work schedule, I'm limited to Sundays at the moment.

Diana

Korin
June 30th, 2006, 09:21
Sunday's perfect, but ahh, timezone diffrences...if the game calendar's correct an evening in EST = something about 1AM here (GMT+1). If it's not too much of a problem - could we play an hour or two earlier perhaps? Not that I'm new to late-night gaming sessions, just want to make sure I'm fresh and ready :)

Skype sounds great, but only if you two want to experiment, since a)never tried RPing via any sort of voicechat (text is an entirely diffrent matter) b)I'm not a native english speaker. Not sure how well I'll do.

I suppose we could simply try Skype and return to good ol' text mode if it doesn't work out.

By the way - since the demo game doesn't allow saving local characters, will the session include creating characters or should we prepare them in advance and just put it all onto FG charsheets just before the game?

coolpenguin410
July 1st, 2006, 00:46
Any time on Sunday is good for me. Diana, I don't mind when we play then. If you want to back it up for Korin, that's ok for me. Personally, I don't care for voice chat. Not that I could get it to work on my computer anyways.

Since this is just going to be a one shot demo, I'd say we come in know what are characters are going to be. If you don't feel that's fair, Diana could always roll the stats and give them to us at game time. Either way, iwe'll get into the game faster.

Diana
July 1st, 2006, 02:28
I will check whether I can DM the game a two hours earlier. Tentatively, how about we plan on 5-7pm EST (GMT-4) on July 9?

Let's keep things simple and just use FG, ie. no voice chat.

As far as I can tell, the demo module is very short and mostly roleplay oriented, so any level 2 character should be fine. I am willing to DM characters on the honor system because they cannot be saved within the demo version and the demo is short.

Books: D&D Core Rules (PHB I, DMG I) or D20 SRD, no psionics.

I also plan to test OpenRPG during July, but since that program is free, I have been able to create a more complete on-line adventure. For that adventure, I am using the 3e profiler on-line character sheet at www.sylnae.net to share character sheets. It takes enough time to fill that out that it's not worth doing for a quick demo.

Thanks again for helping test FG,

Diana

rbdodger
July 7th, 2006, 03:45
I see I'm a bit late to this thread... but... if any DM still could use a first time FG player I would like to give it a go.

I'm a long time player and DM of the Pen and Paper and would like to experience the play online to see how it compares.

email me ( mailto:[email protected] ([email protected]) )if you are interested.

I'm available M-F (7 EST-11 EST) and Sat - Sun (anytime). Once a week or once a month is fine.

Diana
July 8th, 2006, 13:02
Folks,

I've been preparing to DM the FG demo and I've concluded that it's not right for my group, so I am withdrawing from DMing the demo game. Since you have three players signed up here, it should be possible for other folks here to reschedule it.

In any case, the demo is very short and does not allow DMs to add their own content, so it's most useful for evaluating FG as an interface rather than really testing whether on line pen and paper RPGs would be enjoyable.

Sorry for the inconvenience and good luck with the demo,

Diana

Stuart
July 8th, 2006, 16:38
If any of you are after a demo of what FG can do or how it works etc Or just want a temporary game ...

I run a game on Friday night 8 PM GMT (3PM EST) and need a player to take over a level 7 Fighter for the next two to three months at least. It could be longer, it could be permanent.

Please PM me if interested ... I know the time frame is a problem.