PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Curse of Strahd

The Black Dugal
September 28th, 2018, 04:29
I am an experienced DM and running this for the second time through. Come join my game! New players are welcome, but everyone will need a standard license. Games will be every other week on Friday or Saturday.

FG License: Standard
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: EST
Schedule: The game will be every other week on either Friday or Saturday. The idea is to see what works for everyone's schedule and choose a day/time on a per session basis. I will list days on the game calendar that I am available to play, and players will vote "yes" for days that they can play and "no" on days that they can't. I will then confirm the day/time for each bi-weekly session. Please PM me if there is any confusion on this.
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 Hour Sessions; bi-weekly

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord

Number of Players in game & needed: Looking for 4 players

Game Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3046

Character Creation Rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IhVoiadA1vGE23203TEKvSdq50tosIUvIDs9eIE-Srs/edit?usp=sharing

damned
September 28th, 2018, 08:40
Welcome The Black Dugal!

The Black Dugal
September 28th, 2018, 14:27
Thank you!

Leftropolis
September 28th, 2018, 18:22
I'd be interested in playing depending on what day is picked to play

The Black Dugal
September 28th, 2018, 19:13
The idea is that it could be Friday or Saturday for any given session(will be bi-weekly on either Friday or Saturday). Let me know if this might work for you.

Toyamapierce
September 29th, 2018, 14:15
Hello 'The Black Dugal', I would be interested in playing if it's a Saturday game (I'm flexible on the start time for Saturdays). I'm am NOT very experienced with Discord, I've actually only used it once and didn't like it very much but am willing to give it another go. Also I am new to 5e, but I've been playing D&D since the mid 90's. Hopefully you're willing to work with me on the 5e rules. As far as character ideas I'm very flexible on that as well but often lean toward Rangers or Clerics.
I look forward to joining your game.

Magic Astrid
September 29th, 2018, 18:12
Salutations!! I have really been wanting to play CoS for some time now!! I do have a couple questions, first what time of day is the game? I do work a 9-5 job so if its during that time it may be an issue. And second can we only play human fighters and rogues? The character creation form only has those two listed. Humans is fine, but only two classes? That doesn't really make for a well rounded group. I also hope that my words don't come across as being terse or anything I am just genuinely curious. Thanks :)

GolfBall
September 29th, 2018, 21:42
Hey Dugal. I'd like to get in on this as well if possible. I'm free after 4 on Fridays and all day Saturdays with the exception of a couple weeks around thanksgiving. Let me know if there's room!

Thanks.

pfrandsen
September 29th, 2018, 22:25
Would be interested if Friday, experienced in D&D, fairly knowledgeable in FG. Play well with others. Enjoy RP and combat

Janitor
September 29th, 2018, 23:00
Are you still looking for people? I'd be happy to apply if you were willing to have me.

The Black Dugal
September 30th, 2018, 15:19

The Black Dugal
September 30th, 2018, 15:21
Salutations!! I have really been wanting to play CoS for some time now!! I do have a couple questions, first what time of day is the game? I do work a 9-5 job so if its during that time it may be an issue. And second can we only play human fighters and rogues? The character creation form only has those two listed. Humans is fine, but only two classes? That doesn't really make for a well rounded group. I also hope that my words don't come across as being terse or anything I am just genuinely curious. Thanks :)

Hey Magic Astrid,

All classes from the PHB are open, not restricted to fighters and rogues, but I am bringing in two sub-classes from the UA Gothic Heroes in ADDITION to sub-classes from the PHB.

The Black Dugal
September 30th, 2018, 15:25

Magic Astrid,

Sorry for multiple responses, still getting the hang of FG forums. If played on Friday, it would definitely be after 6, but could be a bit earlier on Saturdays in a given week. For sub-classes, anything from the PHB is open and I am adding two new sub-classes from UA Gothic Heroes as options. Let me know if you have further questions and if you are still interested.

Magic Astrid
October 1st, 2018, 00:30
Oh great!! Then I would love to put my application in to play. I have been wanting to play a cleric or maybe a bard. I kinda want to play a character that can heal as I have yet had the pleasure to do so. I always play warlocks, barbarians, or rogues. hehe. I am willing to play human and I would love to slay some vampires!!

The Black Dugal
October 2nd, 2018, 02:13
Hey everyone,

The game is now full. Thanks to everyone who applied.

Happy Gaming!

The Black Dugal
October 19th, 2018, 02:12
We had a player dropout, so I am opening this up again. Please reach out if your interested! Campaign starts this Saturday at 4 EST!

Guenni1985
October 20th, 2018, 11:08
If you are still looking for Players to face Barovia id like to try my luck with an english speaking campaign again.
Im positive that i will understand most of the game, but since im not very used to speaking english anymore ( lack of practise ) it may be a little slower at the beginning.

But i have some other Question first

Whats the Current Party Composition?

Normally my go-to-Character would be an arcane Caster (Wizard), but i would like to try playing a rogue or Monk for a Change.
I have most of the Rulebooks, so i could do the creation work by myself.

If u can look over some linguistic mishaps i would like to apply for the game.

PS:Nice Ruling with the only Human part. Darkvision kills so much fun in the Realm of Dread.

The Black Dugal
October 20th, 2018, 15:39
If you are still looking for Players to face Barovia id like to try my luck with an english speaking campaign again.
Im positive that i will understand most of the game, but since im not very used to speaking english anymore ( lack of practise ) it may be a little slower at the beginning.

But i have some other Question first

Whats the Current Party Composition?

Normally my go-to-Character would be an arcane Caster (Wizard), but i would like to try playing a rogue or Monk for a Change.
I have most of the Rulebooks, so i could do the creation work by myself.

If u can look over some linguistic mishaps i would like to apply for the game.

PS:Nice Ruling with the only Human part. Darkvision kills so much fun in the Realm of Dread.

Guenni,

Sorry this spot got filled in super quick. Thank you for applying.

All the best,

The Black Dugal

The Black Dugal
October 20th, 2018, 15:40
This game is now filled again. Thanks to everyone who reached out. Happy gaming!

Xaurom Dragonheart
October 20th, 2018, 20:13
I would like to apply as well =)

The Black Dugal
October 21st, 2018, 05:28
Sorry Xaurom, this one is now closed. Good luck with your future games!

Jyohe1313
April 8th, 2020, 22:51
Im very interested, reach out if you still have a spot, very dependable.