PDA

View Full Version : Multiple players?

Silas1066
June 25th, 2006, 16:30
I have 3 players connecting to my campaign, but the module calls for a larger group.

Is there a way for one player to control more than one character, with a portrait, etc.?

2ed paladin
June 25th, 2006, 17:29
Unfortunately I don't belive so. I have heard it is supposed to be part of the long awaited update.

It would really be beneficial to me too actually.

I would suggest you just modify the encounters a bit, ie less opponents, reeplace some creatures (ie change a hill giant to an ogre).

Hope that helps.

Jozan
June 25th, 2006, 17:43
If it is a published module, most have a Scaling The Adventure Table to modify them for stronger or weaker groups.

Griogre
June 25th, 2006, 18:40
Currently only one one portrait character per person. This doesn't mean he can't run another one of course. If you fill out a personality sheet for the second character you can share it with him. He can use the /mood command to speak in the second character's voice or you could just have him speak in "action" for the second character.

This is one of the things I am most looking forward to in 2.0.

Sigurd
June 25th, 2006, 19:14
Its my biggest complaint about the product.

sigurd

FlatNineSharpFive
June 26th, 2006, 04:03
Have you tried opening two instances of FG and logging on with different user names?

It's a bit of a clumsy workaround, but just maybe it'll work.

richvalle
June 26th, 2006, 11:53
Have you tried opening two instances of FG and logging on with different user names?

It's a bit of a clumsy workaround, but just maybe it'll work.

I've tried that. On my computer it works for about 10-15 min and then it blue screens.

rv

Cantstanzya
June 26th, 2006, 16:57
This is one of the things I am most looking forward to in 2.0.I don't remember any of the developers saying that multiple characters would be a feature in 2.0. I could be wrong.

Toadwart
June 26th, 2006, 20:17
Can be achieved by DM sharing a charactersheet (like sharing a map)
Info at: https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/fumc...opic.php?t=181
or https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...ead.php?t=3971

You have to set up a custom ruleset and then modify the files in that ruleset.

It's not perfect but does allow a player to run multiple characters, but don't portraits for the 'extras'.

note: to share with just a single player drag the minisheet link onto the players portrait (or add a windowopencontrol to the charactersheet)
Good idea to add the 'minimize' trage to the sheet too as having mulriplt sheets open can clutter the desktop.