PDA

View Full Version : Saw this this morning.

madman
September 27th, 2018, 16:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK-H0dDeG38

LordEntrails
September 27th, 2018, 16:58
Yep, there are a couple of them out there. and if you read the comments, another coming from Taking20 / Save or Dice too.

JimNoblet
September 27th, 2018, 16:59
Seriously, how many times does the lesson "Get woke, go broke" need to be taught?

dulux-oz
September 27th, 2018, 17:04
Seriously, how many times does the lesson "Get woke, go broke" need to be taught?

Until it doesn't need to be learnt any more :)

And welcome to the Community! (I assume you're a "refugee")

You're most welcome to our little corner of the Net

JimNoblet
September 27th, 2018, 17:06
Until it doesn't need to be learnt any more :)

And welcome to the Community! (I assume you're a "refugee")

You're most welcome to our little corner of the Net

Not sure about refugee, most of my groups are still on Roll20. Just glad I never paid them a cent. Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Valyar
September 27th, 2018, 17:08
History can teach us valuable lessons, but unfortunately nobody listens to her. :(

LordEntrails
September 27th, 2018, 17:29
It takes time to learn from history. And when you already think you have the answers you need, why would you go study?

Anyway, I found it interesting, the Roll20 Code of Conduct and Terms of Service have recently been updated.

JohnD
September 27th, 2018, 17:32
Get woke go broke indeed.

GavinRuneblade
September 29th, 2018, 07:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZJHAywQFm0

Here is the one from Take20/SaveorDice that Lord Entrails mentioned.

Shadranar
September 29th, 2018, 17:08
I'm "sort of" a refugee. Although, I've waffled between Roll20 and FG over the years. Not anymore. FG all the way baby!

Full Bleed
October 1st, 2018, 11:57
There has been an obvious level of undeserved arrogance displayed by the Roll20 creators since the beginning (or, at least, manifested shortly after their unexpected success.) Many "pros" overlooked it because they were rather clueless about the space or didn't want to take on an apparent market leader (Taking20 admitted as much.) And many users did, too, because they were equally clueless about the space.

And while Roll20 has been able to stifle dissenting opinions and truth regarding their product (and business) for a long time through iron-fisted forum (and other channel) gag rules... their truth was bound to leak eventually.

Couldn't be happening to a more deserving platform.