PDA

View Full Version : [LFP] D&D 3.5e Forgotten Realms

Dark_Soul
September 27th, 2018, 12:42
FG License: DM has an Ultimate License.
Game System: D&D 3.5e, with very minor Pathfinder additions.

Time Zone: US Central Time (DM only. All players are in other time zones.)
Day of week and time: Saturday night, 8 p.m.
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4-4.5-hour sessions, every other Saturday night. The campaign has been active online for almost 3 years real time with two players and the DM being original group members.
Term: Long term; see above. Planning on continuing for quite some time.
Text or Voice: Mix of both. Sometimes we’ll be talking about one thing in voice and typing something else in text.
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 favoring combat.
Number of Players in game & needed: 3 in the game now, looking for 1 or 2 more.
Character starting level & equipment: See below for starting level, standard wealth, no more than half on any single piece.
Character restrictions: The campaign is set in the Forgotten Realms. As such, character options from other campaign settings aren’t allowed. Exceptions might be made for specific items, feats, spells, etc. More specific character creation information is found in the Discord server we use.

Details of your scenario: Faerûn is an ancient land; the histories of the races that call the Forgotten Realms home go back thousands, and sometimes tens of thousands of years. Empires have risen and fallen, some through their own actions, some through the actions of others, some at the whims of the gods, and some through nothing more than simple chance. There is a saying in the Forgotten Realms, at times forgotten much to the dismay of one kingdom or another: Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Such is the case in the North. War has come to the Silver Marches, bearing the standard of the Vyshaantar Empire. This depraved clan of Sun elves was responsible for the horrors of the Crown Wars, declared anathema by the Seldarine, and thrown down from power by the other elves of Faerun. Only the story of the escape of the Four Sons of Vyshaan remained as an old legend told in the dark to frighten the young and the naïve. Until recently, that is…

Player Expectations: We’re looking for a few things in prospective players:

Rule System Knowledge: The campaign has been running for about 2.5 years online and the other characters are currently level 13. Any new players will be starting at minimum XP for the current level. While it’s very possible to build an optimized super-character in 3.5, I and the players have settled into a comfort zone that doesn’t involve excessive optimization. If uberchargers, supermounts, and CoDzillas are how you have fun in D&D, this probably isn’t the game for you. God Wizards and Batman Wizards work fine, and so does pretty much anything someone has looked at and thought “this might be fun to play”.

Forgotten Realms Knowledge: I’d very much prefer that any new player has some idea of what the Realms is like and can create a character that feels like it belongs in the world. While I might (and already have in some cases) use material from the Forgotten Realms novels, I freely change events from the novels to fit the narrative of the campaign.

A laid-back attitude: We often start a bit later than our actual start time for one reason or another. Two of the players are on the west coast so our start time is right around their mealtime. Personally, I have two small children and might need to be away at times or start a bit later.

Vhok
September 27th, 2018, 13:00
what is the current party make up?

Leftropolis
September 27th, 2018, 15:25
I'd love to join up in this campaign. I've been playing since 1996 starting in 2nd edition and 3.5 has definitely been one of my favorite gaming systems. I'm in the est tz so this would work out great time wise

Dark_Soul
September 27th, 2018, 16:17
Current party is a cleric, frontline warrior with a dragon theme, and a wizard who will likely be switching to a gish soon.

Leftropolis
September 27th, 2018, 22:56
Sounds like a fun group. I'd be very interested

Smegskull
September 29th, 2018, 01:06
I created This Guy (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=55549) years ago for a much lower leveled campaign (but it was very desert based and he felt out of place). A level 10 version to offset with the LA3 and set in Fearun too would be a great chance to see how the concept plays so I'd love to join.

tsukune aono
October 1st, 2018, 23:49
Hello,
I like to possibly join. I have plenty experience in pen and paper games dnd 1e, 2e, 3e, 3.5 and pathfinder 1e. I have also Gm for 6 yrs.
I will warn you I am usually more shy and such when I join a group but this quickly fades once i get to know everyone.
I am use to having rp even to point to write up a 3+ page back story (even though most gms don't want this), But more combat is just fine also and is no problem.
Now I admit Most of 3e and 3.5 game time with gm's as player is in custom world not a official WOTC realm. I am familiar forgotten realms and some of they key points. But I would need a quick run down from you as GM about forgotten realms.
Please contact me here or mail me if you have any questions.