PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder support in FG Free Version

defiNately
September 25th, 2018, 11:24
I'm currently trying to evaluate FG for purchase so that I can run Starfinder games for friends while I'm traveling. I don't need full functionality, but it would be nice to at least be able to create characters and verify that the information populates accurately. Is there any way to import characters from HLO, as that would also be a huge help?

Thanks,
Nate

Blahness98
September 25th, 2018, 13:45
There is no Herolab Online support as of right now. Everything in the rule set is essentially drag and drop character creation right now. The rule set *should* calculate everything properly and from my tests comparing the drag and drop with what I get from HLO is consistantly correct and accurate.

I cannot say anything about the accessibility of the SF rule set for free users, but due to the amount of Paizo content incorporated into the rule set (images mostly) and the lack of access to the rule set code itself (everything is password protected), I doubt there will be a version free players will be able to access without buying it first.

If you want to test out the character creation portion of the rule set, drop me a PM and I can put my FG up and let you mess around with creation. I also have the Ultimate License, so if your buddies want to check it out as well, they are welcome.

Trenloe
September 25th, 2018, 13:52
Welcome to the FG forums defiNately.

If you want a more deep dive than Blahness98 can offer you, then your only real option is to get a 1 month subscription and purchase the product. Then, if you're not happy, get a refund within 30 days. SmiteWorks are very customer focused and I've never heard of them not giving a refund when one is requested (within the 30 days). I know this isn't ideal, and it's still a bunch of money up front to try it out (remember to sync your Paizo account for a discount if you have the PDF already), but it's basically the main way to get full access for you to play around in your own time.

defiNately
October 1st, 2018, 01:28
I went ahead and started a 30 day trial yesterday. I'm very pleased so far. I'm about 60% finished with getting a scenario entered with about 3 hours of effort. I'm sure that will get faster as I get more familiar with the interface. Excited to run my first FG game later this month.

Samarex
October 1st, 2018, 23:57
I went ahead and started a 30 day trial yesterday. I'm very pleased so far. I'm about 60% finished with getting a scenario entered with about 3 hours of effort. I'm sure that will get faster as I get more familiar with the interface. Excited to run my first FG game later this month.

@defiNately,
Welcome to FG and the Starfinder Ruleset. I am one of the primary developers for the SFRPG on FG. If you have any questions fell free to ask.
Also be aware at this point Starship system and combat is not completely functional yet. So alot of that portion will need to be handled manually.

There is a Starship Character Sheet for Player to create there ships and GM can create NPC Ships. but the combat is not created yet so some functions don't work yet.

Just wanted you to be aware and know that we will be getting this addressed as soon as we can.

Again Welcome

wheresthemead
October 6th, 2018, 21:53
@defiNately,
Welcome to FG and the Starfinder Ruleset. I am one of the primary developers for the SFRPG on FG. If you have any questions fell free to ask.
Also be aware at this point Starship system and combat is not completely functional yet. So alot of that portion will need to be handled manually.

There is a Starship Character Sheet for Player to create there ships and GM can create NPC Ships. but the combat is not created yet so some functions don't work yet.

Just wanted you to be aware and know that we will be getting this addressed as soon as we can.

Again Welcome

Does this include the bonus to damage for Weapon Specialization that PCs get at level 3? I have tried searching the Starfinder Ruleset Official Products bug Reports thread and the Starfinder forum in general. There were a couple of bugs I saw where PCs were not getting the Weapon Specialization automatically at 3rd level, but I am curious about the bonus damage specifically.

If this has been asked answered already then please accept my apology in advance.

Thank you.