PDA

View Full Version : Adventurers League Thursday Nights, 5 - 9:30 PM EST

WildKnight
September 24th, 2018, 23:54
Looking to get together a (fairly) regular table for Thursday nights starting around 5PM EST. One of my regular "in person" players is interested in adding another night to his gaming schedule. Is anyone interested?

Currently no specific decisions have been made about what will be played. I would like to either start with a hardcover book, or run the new Season 8 modules, but if you're interested and you have a preference, nothing is set in stone. I do know we'll be starting with Tier 1 material, regardless.

boydwsmith
September 25th, 2018, 11:44
AL legal Material?

WildKnight
September 25th, 2018, 12:00
AL legal Material?

Yep, fully AL legal.

boydwsmith
September 25th, 2018, 12:15
I am down with that.

lco98
September 26th, 2018, 20:54
Hey! I am very interested in this game. Thursday night is perfect and I am definitely interested in running through published AL material.
The only thing that I would inquire about is if the game could start a bit later, but if not, I would work around it.

BillStBill
September 28th, 2018, 01:21
I'm interested in starting a new AL campaign! I'm in EST too.

WildKnight
September 28th, 2018, 03:49
I am down with that.

Hey! I am very interested in this game. Thursday night is perfect and I am definitely interested in running through published AL material.
The only thing that I would inquire about is if the game could start a bit later, but if not, I would work around it.

If you guys are still interested; we might push start time back to 6PM EST, and have 3 hour sessions. Is there a particular book (other than Dragon Heist, which I don't yet have on FG) that any of you would be interested in attempting to play through? Also, are you all familiar with the updates to the AL rules for Season 8?

korman
September 29th, 2018, 05:14
I'm down if you still need people

WildKnight
September 29th, 2018, 15:49

Since I don't actually have a locked down crew yet, I'm still looking. We'd be starting a week from this upcoming Thursday. Any preferences?

boydwsmith
September 30th, 2018, 05:41
If you guys are still interested; we might push start time back to 6PM EST, and have 3 hour sessions. Is there a particular book (other than Dragon Heist, which I don't yet have on FG) that any of you would be interested in attempting to play through? Also, are you all familiar with the updates to the AL rules for Season 8?

The only thing I have is Dragon Heist and I am playing it now.

6pm est is good for me.That would be 5pm cst.

boyd

excelsior2000
September 30th, 2018, 05:55
I would also be interested in signing up, and a dh -> mm run sound fun.

WildKnight
October 1st, 2018, 14:58

Unfortunately, my collection includes everything up to, but not including, DH, otherwise I'd be happy to run that.

I was thinking of going LMoP and then into the various dungeons of Tales of the Yawning Portal, sort of having the group graduate from beginners to professional adventurers...

Also, looking at probably starting a week from Thursday

boydwsmith
October 1st, 2018, 16:54
LMoP the Lost Mines one?

WildKnight
October 1st, 2018, 22:42
LMoP the Lost Mines one?

Correct

boydwsmith
October 1st, 2018, 23:24
Correct

Awesome

WildKnight
October 2nd, 2018, 01:52
AL legal Material?

Session Zero (Character Creation & going over AL rules, etc) Thursday October 11th, 6PM EST (till whenever we've got everyone's characters put into FG and everyone is clear on AL rules for Season 8). Normal sessions will start at the same time and go till 9 or 9:30.

I plan to start with LMoP, which should carry you guys to Tier 2, and then probably proceed to dungeon hopping in Tales of the Yawning Portal, though at that point we could do a different book if people prefer as well. Let me know if you're interested please, so I can get a head count. I'll PM the Discord server and FG Alias once I know who all is playing 8)

Froyo Baggins
October 2nd, 2018, 22:27
I might be up for it. (I'm definitely up for it. My wife might not be up for me being up for it). Keep me posted!

elmster01
October 2nd, 2018, 22:52
I would be interested, but would be my first time using fantasy grounds but I did buy the basic and use steam, have been playing since the 80's but live in northern maine and no in-person groups here

Eshla78
October 3rd, 2018, 00:24
Hi I'm new to fantasy ground. Just switched over from Roll20. I have played a lot of 5e, but have never played AL. I would be interested if you still have room in your party.

boydwsmith
October 3rd, 2018, 11:11
Just switched over from Roll20.

Along with what, 90% of all their players? They messed up - big time.

Yes i am definitely interested. Will we need arcane, healing or tanking do you think?

bws

WildKnight
October 3rd, 2018, 23:31
I might be up for it. (I'm definitely up for it. My wife might not be up for me being up for it). Keep me posted!

I would be interested, but would be my first time using fantasy grounds but I did buy the basic and use steam, have been playing since the 80's but live in northern maine and no in-person groups here

Hi I'm new to fantasy ground. Just switched over from Roll20. I have played a lot of 5e, but have never played AL. I would be interested if you still have room in your party.

I'm waiting to see if any of my original invitees aside from BWS reply, but if I haven't heard from them by Monday, you're the next lot. As I previously mentioned, Session Zero a week from Thursday, we'll go over Adventurers League rules (although I invite and encourage you to download the free AL documentation and familiarize yourself ahead of time), and the first actual session will begin the following week. Remember that Discord for voice is an absolute must here.

Yes i am definitely interested. Will we need arcane, healing or tanking do you think?

bws

I started using FG before the issues with Roll20 started up because a friend gifted it to me (price was keeping me away), but yeah, I canceled my subscription to Roll20 for good the other day, so I'm one of those carpet baggers. Sort of.

Anyway, in my experience, AL groups tend to be much more piecemeal than traditional adventuring groups in D&D because players tend to take a more "in it for myself" approach (the players, not necessarily the characters) as a response to the fact that since AL characters are portable, people don't expect to play with the same people from session to session. I'd strongly recommend that you guys try to put together a coherent party because, obviously, it makes overcoming challenges easier... but I'm not going to be forceful about it like I might with a normal campaign. Also in my experience, healers are almost never part of the equation in AL, so when one shows up at a table, they're usually an all-star (or maybe that's just my bias since my favorite 5e classes are Bard and Cleric).

I'll also be working in some role-play opportunities (largely in-between dungeons once we finish LMoP), so there will be value here for characters built to role-play

Eshla78
October 3rd, 2018, 23:58
Okay will check in on Monday. To be honest was going to switch over even without them messing up. Someone pointed out the price difference in there books which basically made me more interested in FG.

KannibalAnimal
October 5th, 2018, 21:33
If there is any room left please count me in

abkmd011
October 6th, 2018, 17:46
If there is any room left, I would be interested

WildKnight
October 8th, 2018, 11:58

I'll be messaging people later today with the Discord and game links

WildKnight
October 8th, 2018, 20:21
Okay will check in on Monday. To be honest was going to switch over even without them messing up. Someone pointed out the price difference in there books which basically made me more interested in FG.

bws

If ya'll are still interested, this Thursday @6PM EST will be Session 0. Please respond to let me know if you're in, or if I need to recruit further. (I do have at least one other player already lined up, the guy who originally asked me to start this thing)

Eshla78
October 8th, 2018, 21:28
Yea I'm in if you will have me.

WLV
October 8th, 2018, 22:42
Are you still accepting more players? I am interested in join.

Hasmine Kekistano
October 10th, 2018, 07:20
I am available at that time on Thursdays. I would like to join a handbook adventure if anything. As for entering a character I don't have the Volo's guide on the fantasy grounds account but I do have the hard book of it with me.

Lilly Fireblade
October 19th, 2018, 01:35
I am available tonight and weekday evenings though the later the better for me. I have no preference I have a level 1 drow ranger I would like to use but I could make a new character pretty quickly if the party is really lacking in one regard or another.

LordBooo
October 23rd, 2018, 07:11
Hi,
If you need anymore players I am down to join. 6pm CST on Thursday's work perfectly great for me. I am a new player to D&D and FG. Let me know if I can join you guys and if your interested in having me.