September 24th, 2018, 23:23
Castles & Crusades: Roadhouse Adventures
Date: Sunday, October 14 2018

Ruleset: Castles & Crusades
Games Master: Topdecker
Minimum Players: 4 Maximum Players: 6

Castles & Crusades: Roadhouse Adventures #1
Bull’s Hill

This is the first in what will be a series of linked one-shot adventures set in Troll Lord Game’s Haunted Highlands, which is a small part of the World of Aihrde. This adventure isn’t pre-made but it has plenty of love and care poured into its creation.

What’s up with the Haunted Highlands? The Highlands is a campaign setting conceived by Casey Christofferson, who is best known as one of the principal authors of Bards Gate, and like any good starting campaign zones, it has a wide variety of ways to find adventure. In this specific adventure, Orcs have wreaked havoc in nearby parts of the Duchy and dealing with the side-effects of war is what Bull’s Hill is all about.

What’s Castles and Crusades like? It is like AD&D 1e with a more streamlined combat and save system. It provides a solid OSR experience while remaining rules lite and easy to grasp. It is easier than D&D 5e and I would argue that it is also more elegant in many ways – if you play 5e, this will not be a difficult transition.

What do I need to play? I host with an ultimate license, so the free Fantasy Grounds client is all you really need. If this is your first FG rodeo and you want to make sure that your client is working prior to game time, just let me know – we can test the connection for you. Beyond that, a good sense of humor and a reasonably thick skin (I am former US Infantry trooper and talk like one at times) is all you need. A long list of pre-built characters will be available.

https://www.fg-con.com/events/castles-crusades-roadhouse-adventures/