PDA

View Full Version : NPC effect visibility

Yogel
September 24th, 2018, 06:45
Maybe I'm completely missing this, but is there a way to turn off visibility of effects on NPCs in the combat tracker? It kinda ruins the surprise.

Moon Wizard
September 24th, 2018, 06:47
There’s a button toggle to the left of the effect details that you can change between “VSBL” (visible to all) and “GM” (visible to GM only). It only affects the visibility in the tracker.

Regards,
JPG

Yogel
September 24th, 2018, 07:04
Oh my god you're awesome. I dunno how I never noticed that. Cause now that you've pointed it out I don't recall it ever NOT being there.

Zacchaeus
September 24th, 2018, 08:46
Maybe I'm completely missing this, but is there a way to turn off visibility of effects on NPCs in the combat tracker? It kinda ruins the surprise.

You are aware that when placed on the CT the players do not see any effects on the NPCs unless they put them there? So the only person that's going to be surprised is you. If you are talking about effects which go onto an NPC after they've been placed on the CT which you don't want your players to see being applied then create the effects in the effects dialog and make sure that you click the eye icon next to the effect before applying it to the NPC. The effect will be invisible to the players. (You can do this to PCs as well).

Yogel
September 24th, 2018, 13:33
You are aware that when placed on the CT the players do not see any effects on the NPCs unless they put them there?

I thought this too but I had a localhost client up that was able to see every effect on my NPCs. Moon Wizard's suggestion fixed that.

If you are talking about effects which go onto an NPC after they've been placed on the CT which you don't want your players to see being applied then create the effects in the effects dialog and make sure that you click the eye icon next to the effect before applying it to the NPC. The effect will be invisible to the players. (You can do this to PCs as well).

That I did not know. Thank you!

Slowly but surely I'll know all the little intricacies of this platform.

Zacchaeus
September 24th, 2018, 21:06
I thought this too but I had a localhost client up that was able to see every effect on my NPCs. Moon Wizard's suggestion fixed that.

Are you using any extensions?

As you can see from the graphic below the DM CT shows the Avatar's effects but the PCs one doesn't. If Bob were to place an effect on the Avatar then it would show on the CT but effects placed there by the DM or that are inherent in the NPC (such as the Avatar's immunities in the screenshot) when added to the CT are invisible to the players unless the DM makes them visible via the toggle that Moon Wizard mentions in his post. So something is odd in your set up if the PC client is able to see the effects.

Yogel
September 24th, 2018, 21:34
Are you using any extensions?

I do have Advanced Kombat enabled. Either way, it's working now. :)