PDA

View Full Version : Dice Total color change

valeros
September 22nd, 2018, 04:49
Extension to change the dice total color in the chat window. I wanted the dice total to be red so it really stands out. Normal size or larger size option.

(Added a few other colors for those that do not like red. But just change the color in the extension to whatever you want.)

valeros
September 22nd, 2018, 04:51
Too late now, but is there an easier way to do this (change the color of the dice total in the chat window)? Or is there another post that I missed that already had an equivalent extension or instructions on how to do it easier?

damned
September 22nd, 2018, 05:12
Looks like the simplest way to me.
The only suggestion I have is that you have specified a fgddile and a ttf - you only need one or the other.
Also if you include the ttf statement you also have to include the font that you specified.

valeros
September 22nd, 2018, 07:33
Good info about font, thanks.
For the font I had copied directly from "graphics_fonts.xml" and just changed the color. I didn't actually know the rules. Thanks again, damned.

Trenloe
September 22nd, 2018, 08:24
The inclusion of TTF info in the font XML is for future FGU readiness. Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45274-Trying-to-understand-fonts-in-FG&p=402573&viewfull=1#post402573 and in the rest of that thread.

damned
September 22nd, 2018, 08:57
The inclusion of TTF info in the font XML is for future FGU readiness. Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45274-Trying-to-understand-fonts-in-FG&p=402573&viewfull=1#post402573 and in the rest of that thread.

But wont work if the font is not included.

HuseyinCinar
April 24th, 2019, 10:32
Is it possible to make this pull from the Player color? Like the color players choose for their dice? This color is also used when that player draws lines on the map etc

valeros
April 24th, 2019, 16:34
Is it possible to make this pull from the Player color? Like the color players choose for their dice? This color is also used when that player draws lines on the map etc

I like that idea, but sorry, I personally have no idea how it could be done. It seems to me that the dice and dice total fonts (and color) are fixed at startup. To me, doing this seems to require
either:

1) A font could be changed at runtime, or
2) A font for the dice and dice total could be passed into the code that puts the dice roll in the chat.
(And even then, the font either has to be changeable or be able to be built at runtime to match the player color.)

From what I can see neither of those is possible based on the existing documentation. Somebody much smarter than me would have to chime in on whether it is even possible.

mordkhaan
September 28th, 2020, 03:45
Seems to be using the first number rolled when you have ADV or DIS not the highest/lowest?

quirkygamer
October 10th, 2020, 23:38
Do we know if this will be updated in a future update of FGU? I'm part colorblind and white text on that background is almost impossible for me to see. It would be nice to be able to change the chat box text color and dice roll colors. Devs?

Zacchaeus
October 11th, 2020, 00:10
Has your DM tried some of the other themes? There are quite a few now and one or other of these might suit your needs better.

quirkygamer
October 12th, 2020, 01:29
Has your DM tried some of the other themes? There are quite a few now and one or other of these might suit your needs better.

That helped some. Did the dark theme but the white on grey is still a bit tricky at times for me. Will there be an option to change the dice text color later on? I see how to change the color of the dice themselves and that's useful. But it would be nice to see results easier. Being part color blind sucks I tell ya.

valeros
October 12th, 2020, 17:10
quirkygamer, Attached is an extension you can use to change the colors to what you want. Extract the contents of the zip file to your "extensions" directory. Edit the extension.xml file.

The "color" value for "diceexpr" will set the color for the numbers above the die. (set to orange in example)

The "color" value for "diemod" will set the color for the total (the far right number). (set to green in example)

The "color" value for "dieresult" will set the color for the number inside the die. (set to red in example)

By default, this extension sets them to the horrible colors of orange, green, and red to try to help identify them, but you need to change them to the RGB values for the colors you actually want. (You can change the fonts as well if you want.)

https://i.imgur.com/2E694f5.png

Farnaby
August 11th, 2022, 20:49
Just started getting an error in the console log:
[8/11/2022 9:32:07 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF font file. (DiceTotalLargeRed) (extension.xml) (graphics/fonts/Tahoma.ttf)

valeros
August 11th, 2022, 23:57
Please try this one instead and see if it works. I changed the font to "Noto Sans" which seems to be supported by default now. It worked for me, so hopefully works for you.

Farnaby
August 12th, 2022, 18:51
That did it! Cheers.