PDA

View Full Version : Token question

Silas1066
June 21st, 2006, 22:56
o.k. I can't figure out what the deal is with the tokens.

If I want to make tokens available to my players, what do I need to do? If I go into the game as DM, I see all my tokens. If I go in as a player I don't see any.

Griogre
June 22nd, 2006, 00:29
Players see tokens in the tokens/shared folder they don't see tokens in the tokens/host folder. I'm not sure what players see if you put a token folder inside a campaign folder.

devinnight
June 22nd, 2006, 01:58
It's important to note that if you put tokens in the shared folder they are actually copied to the players. If you keep them in the DM folder then you can place them on the maps and then the players can see them.
If you have purchased some of my tokens please place them in the DM folder so that they are not copied to all the players.
Thanks.
-D

Griogre
June 22nd, 2006, 21:31
As a courtesy, you should try to put as many tokens as possible in your host folder. Also it is nice to the player to put all the shared tokens for your campaign in a seperate folder with the campaign's name. Stuff in the shared folder gets copied to the player’s token folders. As a player, you only have to play in a few games where most of the tokens have been placed in the shared folder to have a huge mess where you can’t find anything.

This leads you or the player to delete the tokens to clear out the token box which means the tokens have to be re-transferred. And, of course, the DM deleting tokens out of the shared tokens has no effect on the player's token box which will continue to have the old tokens. I shutter to think what a non computer literate person’s token box looks like after playing in several different campaigns.

Craw
June 23rd, 2006, 02:50
Token spam gets to be a problem REALLLL quick. I host one game and play in three others and before we figured out what was going on, we all had hundreds of extraneous tokens running amok. Creates a long load time and clutters up the token box.