PDA

View Full Version : Chat box resize remains and Sound extension for MAC

Karpaccio
September 20th, 2018, 20:02
Hey! I am completely new in Fantasy Grounds, bought Ultimate license and have a blast with it. But have two questions (i suspect more to come :-)) - what bothers me is adjusting EVERY time chat box. What I would wish is to set chat box once. And other boxes also. And when I am back, load my campaign, everything would be open in the same position. Is there some kind of extension or something that I can do for it?

Second - I found some how to for Sound extension (yes, I have also Syrinscape) - but I have iMac, so many of the apps I simply can't use... Any advice? Thanks a lot!

Zacchaeus
September 20th, 2018, 20:12
Hi Karpaccio welcome to FG.

To move the chat box right click on it and select 'Unlock Position'. You can then move and resize it to where you want. When you are done right click again and select 'Lock Position'. The new position should persist between sessions. All other windows with the exception of player selection should open in the position that you left them in when you last closed FG.

I#m not sure about the sound extension on a mac, so I can't help you with that one.

Karpaccio
September 20th, 2018, 20:19
Oh, you are right, I am an idiot - had problem with resizing the whole FG window and that did that mess... Thanks a lot!

Trenloe
September 20th, 2018, 20:28
Welcome to Fantasy Grounds!

Syrinscape on Mac doesn't support the third party integration that the DOE sound extension relies on. Hopefully Syrinscape will provide this functionality in the future.

A good place to look for extensions is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20320-CoreRPG-Community-Extensions Some of the "window" extensions may be of interest to you.

This one may be of interest too: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38389-Window-Saver-Extension

Karpaccio
September 20th, 2018, 20:41
Hey, thanks a lot! Thats shame, because if turn on my Syrinscape, there is in option 3th party app integration... But that's not enough I suppose?

Trenloe
September 20th, 2018, 20:46
Hey, thanks a lot! Thats shame, because if turn on my Syrinscape, there is in option 3th party app integration... But that's not enough I suppose?
It doesn't work - confusing that the option is there. Info here: https://forum.syrinscape.com/t/so-is-3pi-supported-on-a-mac-or-not-confused/3168/6

Karpaccio
September 20th, 2018, 20:53
Shame... Anyone tried that with SuperSirin BETA? If it works? On MAC? :-D

Trenloe
September 20th, 2018, 21:25
Shame... Anyone tried that with SuperSirin BETA? If it works? On MAC? :-D
You mean Master/Minion? If so, it is mentioned in that thread.

Karpaccio
September 20th, 2018, 21:46
Oh, thanks... And one more question! I have enabled in setting critical hit and fumble... But, in modules, I have only that table for 4th edition. But I am running 5th. So, when i will miss, it will show me, the table cant be found. Any suggestion on to where to find it?

Trenloe
September 20th, 2018, 22:00
The icon saying "4E Fumble & Critical Tables" doesn't mean it's just for 4E. You can run these fine in 5E.

Also, if you're looking for any modules, check the sticky threads at the top of the forum for the RPG system you're interested in. Each will usually have a thread that lists modules for that RPG system. For example, the 5E module list is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23721-5E-Community-Modules

Karpaccio
September 20th, 2018, 22:07
thats wierd... Because I loaded critical hits and miss for 4e... And also put it on in settings. And still not working...

Karpaccio
September 20th, 2018, 22:14
Got it, sorry, didnt knew, that it rolls after critical a D6 and then it search for the effect...

Skillkoil
September 21st, 2018, 02:19
One way to get sounds/music into your game is by using a Discord Bot instead of DOE. This allows HTTP links to play through the bot in your voice channel. It isn't as nice as having DOE but it works.