PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday Dawn playtest campaign - available products and info

Trenloe
September 19th, 2018, 10:48
There are now two products in the Fantasy Grounds store, and Steam, related to the ongoing Doomsday Dawn Pathfinder Playtest campaign:

The campaign itself: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO2100MFG is now complete, containing all 7 parts. Plus a player module containing the campaign backgrounds, and a supplementary maps module (see below).
Four flip mats used within the campaign: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO2100FMMPFG (Note - you don't need these if you have the main campaign product - these provide higher resolution/better quality maps (75 pixels per square) than those used in the campaign - see details below).

Maps

The Doomsday Dawn campaign product contains all the maps from the base product, in both GM and Player format. GM maps contain labels and secret areas, whereas player maps are blank with secret doors etc. removed, the player maps are 50 pixels per 5 foot square with a FG grid already applied. The exception to this is the maps in part 6 - originally labelled as 1 square = 5 feet, this has been been to 1 square = 10 feet in the errata. The maps were provided in 80 pixels per grid square and are larger than the recommended FG image size - so the maps have been split into 2 parts (along the lines of how the adventure will progress) and provided with a FG grid of 1 square = 5 feet = 40 pixels. This results in the best quality from the original map provided by Paizo, and also being close to (a little over) the recommended FG image sizes.

Note: Many of the maps in this product have now been updated, based off newly available Paizo graphic files. The maps have been set at 50 pixels per grid square to fit within Fantasy Grounds standards and recommendations. If you feel the map quality is not great for some of these maps, consider looking at the Flip-Mat product which contains four key maps at 75 pixels per square (reduced from the original digital files, not the PDF, so no loss of focus or further digital image processing required). https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO2100FMMPFG

Supplemental maps: Paizo, as part of the playtest, are experimenting without providing maps for some encounters in part 2. Whereas this is acceptable for face-to-face games where the GM can draw on a blank map, it doesn't work too well for VTT gaming. Therefore, as part of the Doomsday Dawn product, a "supplemental maps" module is provided with maps created specifically for these four encounters - allowing you to play quickly and easily.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24677

The supplemental maps module also includes a basic water map for use in Part 4 and two unmapped encounter areas for part 7.

Please ask questions or provide feedback in the thread below.

Footnote - the sale of these products helped to support the development of the Fantasy Grounds playtest ruleset in Q3/4 2018.

Trenloe
September 19th, 2018, 10:48
Tokens

The Doomsday Dawn module contains custom tokens for NPCs that have artwork in the Doomsday Dawn product. It also contains A-Z tokens in a Pathfinder Playtest red color.

lachancery
September 25th, 2018, 03:12
Would the licensing allow the release of a free "Player Module" with just the Backgrounds for players to create their own character offline using Manage Characters?

Gwydion
September 25th, 2018, 03:41
Would the licensing allow the release of a free "Player Module" with just the Backgrounds for players to create their own character offline using Manage Characters?

i don't think so... However, I created something similar for people who play on my table and I can open my table sometime for you to check it out. I haven't updated it yet for all the recent errata, but will try to when I have time. Next time I have my table open for character creation I will let you know!

Ampersandrew
September 25th, 2018, 10:36
I don't see why it wouldn't allow for that. Is that not a reasonably standard way of doing official modules.

Trenloe
September 25th, 2018, 10:42
To the best of my knowledge, all the previous official Paizo modules (mostly adventure paths) contain a "player module" as part of the product, not as a free add on.

Ampersandrew
September 25th, 2018, 12:38
Ah yes, sorry I missed the "free". Oops.

Since there is a commercially available module, I'd expect it to be part of that if it was part of anything.

Trenloe
September 25th, 2018, 12:49
Since there is a commercially available module, I'd expect it to be part of the if it was part of anything.
It is. :)

Gwydion
September 25th, 2018, 13:56
Ah yes, sorry I missed the "free". Oops.

Since there is a commercially available module, I'd expect it to be part of that if it was part of anything.

Sorry... I completely misunderstood your original post... My bad.

Trenloe
September 25th, 2018, 15:33
With the standard Fantasy Grounds Tuesday update, part 4 is now included in the Doomsday Dawn. This includes all Paizo v1.3 updates (DC changes etc.) and is in time for the Paizo schedule for part 4 playtesting.

Gwydion
September 25th, 2018, 15:38
Amazing.... If I hadn't recently given you reputation (and therefore unable to give you more right now), I would give you more! Thanks so much for all your effort on this!

Bidmaron
September 25th, 2018, 16:23
Does anyone have the update? When I go to my downloads, I cannot download it, and the location at the bottom has this:
"The following one product have been added to your account, but are not currently available for download:
Pathfinder Playtest Rulebook Updates PDF"

Trenloe
September 25th, 2018, 16:28
Does anyone have the update? When I go to my downloads, I cannot download it, and the location at the bottom has this:
"The following one product have been added to your account, but are not currently available for download:
Like I said in a reply to you about this in another thread - look at the Paizo blog entry from yesterday. There is a direct link to the download in that blog.

Ampersandrew
September 25th, 2018, 16:45
Wow, impressive. Thanks.

Ampersandrew
September 25th, 2018, 16:46

I was having real trouble downloading 1.2. when I used a browser other than chrome it just downloaded without issue.

Darknegan
September 28th, 2018, 09:00
Not sure if this is the right place. Is it possible to have the npc of the doomsday dawn available in fg for free?

Trenloe
September 28th, 2018, 09:05
Not sure if this is the right place. Is it possible to have the npc of the doomsday dawn available in fg for free?
Welcome to the forums. The NPCs for part 1 are already in FG. Further info on other parts here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45661-Question-about-the-new-Doomsday-Dawn-Module-in-the-FG-Store&p=406101&viewfull=1#post406101

You can also manually enter the NPCs into the FG interface as needed.

Trenloe
October 7th, 2018, 15:35
I've been made aware that I have access to the original design files for all the maps in the Doomsday Dawn product. I missed this in all of the manic ruleset development, stupid amount of emails and multiple GB of data exchange a few days before the Playtest went live.

I'll try to update the maps that had to be blown up to 50 pixels per square and suffered a reduced quality (mentioned in post #1) for the next release (Tuesday 9th October). I don't know if I'll get them all done, but I'll try...

Apologies to those who ran the parts where this effected the overall map quality (in particular part 3).

Trenloe
October 9th, 2018, 22:06
Part 5 is now available with today's update.

This also includes updates to some maps in parts 2-4 - based off newly available (to me) graphics files.

Ampersandrew
October 9th, 2018, 23:57
There a whole lot of updates to DCs in Doomsday Dawn. Have you updated those? or do we
need to keep an eye on them ourselves?

Bidmaron
October 10th, 2018, 01:51
That was before 1.4, so they should already be there in the Parts that are present. But, I haven't verified.

Trenloe
October 10th, 2018, 05:00
There a whole lot of updates to DCs in Doomsday Dawn. Have you updated those? or do we need to keep an eye on them ourselves?
See "Playtest updates" in post #1.

But I forgot to do the 3 changes for The Heroes of Undarin... :-/ Updated in SmiteWorks SVN - will be pushed live with the Tuesday update next week.

Ampersandrew
October 10th, 2018, 12:46
See "Playtest updates" in post #1.

I should know to do that. Sorry.

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2018, 20:47
The FG update today includes part 6 and also Paizo update v1.5 changes.

Trenloe
November 6th, 2018, 16:50
With the Fantasy Grounds release update for today (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46432-Release-Updates-for-November-6th-2018), this product is now complete.

It will be maintained with bug fixes and appropriate updates throughout the remaining availability period of of the Playtest ruleset.

Ampersandrew
November 20th, 2018, 11:42
With the Fantasy Grounds release update for today (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46432-Release-Updates-for-November-6th-2018), this product is now complete.

It will be maintained with bug fixes and appropriate updates throughout the remaining availability period of of the Playtest ruleset.

I'm supposed to be running part 7 starting tonight. My copy of the module only has parts 1 to 6. I've updated, but it's definitely not there.

Trenloe
November 20th, 2018, 11:54
I'm supposed to be running part 7 starting tonight. My copy of the module only has parts 1 to 6. I've updated, but it's definitely not there.
You're right. That's an oversight - it's been in the SmiteWorks repository since November 5th, but looks like it didn't go out on the November 6th update.

I'll see if I can get it pushed with the Tuesday update today - that may be a bit late for your session though. :( What time are you starting?

Ampersandrew
November 20th, 2018, 11:56
You're right. That's an oversight - it's been in the SmiteWorks repository since November 5th, but looks like it didn't go out on the November 6th update.

I'll see if I can get it pushed with the Tuesday update today - that may be a bit late for your session though. :( What time are you starting?

I'm supposed to start at 7:30. I have the PDF, so I can prep it without the module,

Trenloe
November 20th, 2018, 16:53
The Tuesday update has corrected the missing data.

Ampersandrew
November 21st, 2018, 11:59
The Tuesday update has corrected the missing data.

Great! I got it in time for the game.

That first encounter is brutal.

Trenloe
July 24th, 2019, 19:50
With the imminent release of the Pathfinder Second Edition ruleset I thought I'd provide some information. We're currently in a transition phase and the PFRPG2 ruleset that was used for the playtest will be migrated to the Second Edition rules when you run an update on/after August 1st. Some of you may already have noticed a theme update...

We have endeavoured to keep backwards compatibility with playtest data wherever possible. But, as can be expected, there may be the odd issue here and there, mostly with data mismatches etc.. You should be able to run Doomsday Dawn with the updated ruleset.

If anyone is really concerned about issues then I recommend you change the name of the current PFRPG.pak file to something like "PFRPG_PT.pak" (PT for playtest) and then play games using that ruleset - you'll need to use the universal modules extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41034-Universal-Module-Extension) to be able to load Doomsday Dawn etc..

If you have any issues with the old Playtest products then please report them in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45626-Pathfinder-Playtest-Adventure-products-issues-defects We'll make every effort to provide fixes wherever it's feasible.

Darknegan
July 25th, 2019, 12:27
Nice! I created a little campaign with the playtest, should be available to play with the pf2 too?

Trenloe
July 25th, 2019, 13:45
Nice! I created a little campaign with the playtest, should be available to play with the pf2 too?
Yes. The same information in my post above (#31) applies. However, if you have a lot of custom, in-depth NPC or PC records there may be minor issues, but we’ll hopefully be able to help,address those.

lachancery
July 26th, 2019, 01:01
Received my PF2 CRB and Bestiary in the mail today. I like the quality and nice illustrations! :)

Thanks Trenloe for all you’ve done for PF2!