PDA

View Full Version : Unearthed Arcana Ruleset

Silas1066
June 20th, 2006, 04:13
I just downloaded this, but I don't know where to put the UA portraits, tokens, etc.

there is no "readme."

can anyone help?

Stuart
June 20th, 2006, 10:54
Potraits : Program Files/FantasyGrounds/Portraits
Tokens: Program Files/FantasyGrounds/tokens/Host

The rest of the ruleset is placed as d20-AE in Program Files/FantasyGrounds/rulesets

That shopuld work - let me know if it does not ;)

Silas1066
June 20th, 2006, 13:20
there is a "thumbs" database in the portraits folder of the program, and also one in the portraits folder of the UA ruleset.

what do I do about this?

Thore_Ironrock
June 21st, 2006, 00:20
there is a "thumbs" database in the portraits folder of the program, and also one in the portraits folder of the UA ruleset.

what do I do about this?

Ignore that. It was like generated (by mistake) by my graphics program. ;)

Silas1066
June 21st, 2006, 04:10
I think I have it figured out, but I have one big problem...

If I create a new campaign, put some jpgs into the "images" folder for that campaign, I lose my tokens. The tokens that are accessed by clicking on the icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen, that are labeled "A", "B", "C", etc.

what file are those tokens in? I can't find them anywhere?

Griogre
June 21st, 2006, 04:50
That is just strange - the tokens are in data/tokens and you should not be doing anything in the data folder. Stuff in the data folder is called when certain tag/nodes are called elsewhere in the FG xml. It really sounds like your xml is messed up.

Silas1066
June 21st, 2006, 12:27
I fixed the problem by creating a new tokens folder within the campaign and copying the tokens there.

Griogre
June 21st, 2006, 20:40
That gives you back the tokens, of course, but the XML is still broken somewhere (unless the ruleset you are using deleted the referance) and given your crash problems it would probably be worth you while to track down the bad call(s).

Silas1066
June 21st, 2006, 21:22
I don't know a thing about XML, so I probably shouldn't be doing anything to it.

looks like there are some stability issues with the game, but given that it is running under Windows XP, there is no telling what the problem is. I try to keep the system clean, but the anti-virus might be messing with the game, who knows.

Too bad I can't run this on a mac.

Thore_Ironrock
June 21st, 2006, 22:59
I fixed the problem by creating a new tokens folder within the campaign and copying the tokens there.

Silas1066,

Please email me a step-by-step breakdown of how you are loosing the tokens, and I'll see if I can duplicate the issue. If it is ruleset related I'll get my coding undead (monkeys were taken) to have a look.

Email the issue to [email protected]

Thanks!

Silas1066
June 21st, 2006, 23:31
I think I may have figured something out...

If I create a new campaign using a ruleset other than d20, I don't have any tokens. I have to make a folder called "tokens" within the campaign and put images into it.
Problem is, then the users don't have the tokens. In order to do this, I have to put the tokens in the "shared" folder -then it works.

Doesn't look like this issue occurs in the d20.

heliopolix
June 24th, 2006, 12:31
Default d20 ruleset has the following line in base.xml :

<tokenroot source="data\tokens" />

I have seen some rulesets out there that instead have :

<tokenroot source="\rulesets\RULESET\tokens" />

Perhaps this is the case with your other rulesets, the ones that have the dissapearing tokens. The need to create an additional folder in the campaign folder itself is mysterious, but it would force FG to use the ones in it, so that would explain why they showed up. Perhaps your ruleset has the second line, and is looking for tokens by default in the wrong location.

helio

Griogre
June 24th, 2006, 20:53
The need to create an additional folder in the campaign folder itself is mysterious, but it would force FG to use the ones in it, so that would explain why they showed up.

The default FG token repository rapidly gets full and there is a problem that once the tokens get shared around to the player there is no way of getting rid of them other than by going into the folder and doing so manually. Putting tokens in the campaign files solves this issue by not dumping the tokens in the general repository at the cost of not having whatever is in the general token folder - not a big price if the campaign has a full set of tokens.

This is also easier on the less computer savy user because he doesn't have to do anything.