PDA

View Full Version : LFP - DnD 5e. New to DMing.

Elfazar
September 16th, 2018, 01:02
Hello all, First off i Have DM'd a bit in the past, but never super intensly, but i have been doing alot of world building with deep lore and decided to run a campaign with the material.

License: I am ultimate, so all are welcome

It will be a moderate amount of magic campaign, Although i prefer to keep magic based player classes at a minimum, though will still be allowed if thats what you want to play as

Time: starting either 10:30 am or 1:30 PM PST depending on the day, i am hoping to do every saturday or every other saturday.

world is heavily influenced by Middle Earth and Wheel of Time books

Arkan
September 16th, 2018, 01:33
I would be interested, but full warning that I am new to 5e and to Fantasy grounds although I do have a great deal of experience with RPGs in general. I would be happy to get a subscription if that would hold usefulness.

Elfazar
September 16th, 2018, 01:38
I would be interested, but full warning that I am new to 5e and to Fantasy grounds although I do have a great deal of experience with RPGs in general. I would be happy to get a subscription if that would hold usefulness.

I just have to ask a few questions to make sure your a good fit for the group

What is your age

Will you be able to every Saturday or every other saturday

What are your influences in sci fi and fantasy

Are you looking for a story weaving experience or combat hack n slash

And as a side note I have the ultimate license so you wont need anything but the free version

Arkan
September 16th, 2018, 03:29
I am 40,

I am available on Saturdays.

Thats a difficult question. I would say I have had a pretty broad set of influences from Howard to Moor****, to Tolkien. Among the more recent material I would say The Blade Itself was a good read. Science fiction I have always had some difficulty with as I like my sci fi pretty hard. I can accept sci-fantasy or space opera as inherently fantastical but if science fiction is being presented as believable it needs to be pretty realistic.

I'm quite flexible on the style of game. I have enjoyed everything from the original Vampire to 4th edition Dungeons and Dragons and Battletech/Mechwarrior.

tylussaxo
September 16th, 2018, 08:41
HI, I'm interested.

My age - 26.

I will be able, depending on the hour. Now for half a year I live in India (+5,5), but hope that we're going to find appropriate time (may be morning for me, if you're US based).

My influences - mostly Tolkien, since childhood, his books have strongly shaped my imagination. Little bit of Pratchet, but prefer Nomes cycle & Amazing Maurice than Discworld itself. Now bit into Le Guin's Earthsea cycle. In general - I prefer classical fantasy medieval/renaissance technology plus some magic, never been seriously into SF. And as a Polish guy - obviously have sentiment to the Witcher. Video games: Baldurs Gate & Icewind Dale are the ever-greens for me (Oswald Fiddlebender is my favourite NPC, would like to play a slouch gnome-wizard once but it doesn't have to be that one game if it doesn't fit it).

I'm looking mostly for plot, atmosphere & role-play, but some combat dice rolling would be also great, with a thrilling real possibility of PC being killed too. RP vs combat eg. 60/40 is perfectly fine for me.

I'm a newbie to FG, played D&D 3.0E when I was 14-16 years old, now want to get back. Have already read crucial parts of the 5E handbook, so I suppose not to have huge problems with mechanics & character creation.

Best regards, hope to hear you!

Stuggesjoerd
September 16th, 2018, 13:37
Hi Mate,

Just saw your post and thought i should reply on it.

Me: 29 years old male, from the Netherlands.
Days: Saterday or sunday in general will not be a problem. However, as long it is planned accordingely because of life.
Influences: Tolkien from when I was young, Starwars, Terry Goodkind, Terry pratchett etc, and several games on the pc.
Game mode: Both, as I want to explore and stimulate my experience in both RP as in combat.
Experience: I started playing 1.5 year ago in 3.5e as a player offline. After the campaign I started DMing for the group in 5E offline.
Currently playing on 2 characters in Sleeper Island on Fantasy ground as a player to gain hours.

In general, looking for a steady group where I can hoon my abilities as a player which results in better DMing for my offline group.

Cheers !

MyGivinOpinion
September 16th, 2018, 17:25
hey my name's kyle, i've been playing RPG since 3e, been dming for about 5 years of that time, took a five year break that i'm just coming back from. still learning some things about fg, but am very familiar with it already. usually like to play a rogue, trapmaster/assassin type character.
What is your age: 31

Will you be able to every Saturday or every other saturday Definitely

What are your influences in sci fi and fantasy star trek, dark matter, star wars, cowboy bebop, tolkien, terry brooks, The dark tower series,

Are you looking for a story weaving experience or combat hack n slash i'd say a 60/40 mix of Story/Combat .

BlackPhoenix424
September 16th, 2018, 20:18
Hello. I saw the post and would to throw an app in

What is your age? 30

Will you be able to every Saturday or every other saturday? I will

What are your influences in sci fi and fantasy? Lots. Star trek, harry potter and lots of fantasy and sci games.

Are you looking for a story weaving experience or combat hack n slash? i like both equally really.

Experience: While I have only been playing a few months, i have completed several campaigns.

Maven of Strings
September 17th, 2018, 07:53
I'm interested, but have to admit that I'm totally new to DnD(excluding a short disaster in high school) and FG. Recently I've been watching videos from Save or Dice and would like to try again at DnD.

I'm 25 years old and free on every Saturday and Sunday
My influences for Fantasy would be in sequence Diskworld, Middle-earth, Fantasy games like Spellforce, Lightnovels and Anime.
I care less for sci fi, there its mostly Starship Voyager, Stargate, Starwars, Halo, Warhammer 40k.

I'm interested in both player interaction with the world and trowing around some fireballs. To put it more exactly, I get annoyed at the limitations of possible actions in videogames and the rewards that pop out of nowhere(you saved my chickens, here have this magic sword that is laying around in this normal farmers home).

Sadly I have zero skill at voice acting. Also I certainly wouldn't mind having to prepare multiple characters if the first ended up as galley slave for insulting a lords son and the second got kicked out of the wagon to the goblin horde as distraction while the merchant escaped with his goods. So dont be afraid to kill me.

FallenNorth
September 17th, 2018, 18:20
24, free on sat and sun
Fantasy: Middle-Earth, Diablo, PoE, Elder scrolls, Witcher, loads of LNs and anime.
Sci-Fi: Star Wars, Star Trek, EVE,

Good with both RP and combat focus.
Been playing for 4-5 years now.

How do you feel about necromancy?

Davinci522
September 17th, 2018, 18:31
I am interested.
29, free on Saturday or sunday most times. Good with RP, I usually like it more then a mindless hack and slash. Benn playing for more years then I can count as both a player and DM.
Diablo (game and books), Many fantasy books, bethesda games (skyrim), Pillars of Eternity and Path of Exile, Merlin, King Arthur stories, I have actually researched medieval and fantasy settings because I am interested in them.

Skillkoil
September 17th, 2018, 18:35
Elfazar I love to see someone step up and starting DMing! I wish you the best of luck and if I can help you in any way, don't hesitate to ask! Happy Gaming!!

Allan R
October 7th, 2018, 21:42
28, I'm available any day in the mornings, but I would ask to start sessions earlier, maybe eight a.m. PDT.
New to Fantasy grounds, and only have a few sessions of 5E under my belt.
My influences have been the legend of Drizzt, Star Wars, Final Fantasy, The hobbit, and Lord of the Rings.
I enjoy a good story but I also like a good and gory battle, hack and slash style.

lordcygnus
October 8th, 2018, 07:44
Hi Elfazar

I'm 31, been playing TTRPG for a while (10 years) but usually as a DM/GM for my friends back home, it will be my first time here at FG!
Will you be able to every Saturday or every other saturday: Sure thing!
What are your influences in sci fi and fantasy: My favorites are Star Wars and LotR, but any fantasy driven story that set up a nice narrative usually got a piece of my love.
Are you looking for a story weaving experience or combat hack n slash: Usually I love both, if we have to put side notes on each one, a nice history with a meaningful and coersive narrative with epic (big or small) battles are my preferences.

Artaron
October 8th, 2018, 22:00
Hi there.
30, with a few years of FG behind me. I love fantasy settings and epic stories.
8 am PST on saturday sounds great, so do a little later in the morning.
Your world description sounds promising. Let me know if you have a slot.

kryptoknight
October 9th, 2018, 21:42
I would certainly be interested. I have a lot of experience with gaming in general and D&D but I am new to 5e and Fantasy Grounds.

I'm 34. I can play every Saturday. My main biggest influences in Fantasy are high fantasy, coming of age stories, and to a lesser extent sword and sorcery and urban fantasy. Favorite authors are Tolkien, Eddings, Jordan, Goodkind, Pratchett, Mccaffrey, Lackey, Rothfuss, Butcher, and numerous others. In Sci Fi I'm a big fan of big space operas, stories about humanity's first foray into the stars, or stories about life at the edges of the frontier. Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, etc are all favorites. I like a balance of humor in my stories to keep it from seeming too dry or pretentious. Snarky heroes are often fun.

So it shouldn't be much of a surprise that I prefer campaigns that have a balance of story, character development, and combat. If you've seen shows like Critical Role, The Unexpectables, or Nat 19 then I'm sure you know what I mean.