PDA

View Full Version : Effects

KillerRabbit
September 15th, 2018, 14:39
So I should probably check in the other pages of the forum, but how do I create my own effects.
I can't find a decent, in depth, tutorial about this.

Why I ask?
In dead suns the Akata gives the death void disease.
- How can i make an effect where this deals the weakened state to a player (in this case human!) who fails his save. Who gets worse or better if he succeeds or fails saves later on.

Maybe the above isn't possible to do; but is this: the sickened condition isn't in the effect list of starfinder; so can i create an effect that gives the -2 to all rolls implied?

Trenloe
September 15th, 2018, 15:22
So I should probably check in the other pages of the forum, but how do I create my own effects.
I can't find a decent, in depth, tutorial about this.

Lots of info on effects here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42573-Effects-Lists

I've just noticed that thread wasn't stickied. It is now. :)

Why I ask?
In dead suns the Akata gives the death void disease.
- How can i make an effect where this deals the weakened state to a player (in this case human!) who fails his save. Who gets worse or better if he succeeds or fails saves later on.

Maybe the above isn't possible to do; but is this: the sickened condition isn't in the effect list of starfinder; so can i create an effect that gives the -2 to all rolls implied?
You can't do that with effects. I don't think there's any automation to track afflictions and the progression track in the current ruleset.

KillerRabbit
September 15th, 2018, 15:29
Thanks for the info

stephan_
September 15th, 2018, 20:45
Sickened condition: As SF is built on PF, you can just add a "sickened" effect without any additional coding at all. Just add an effect with just "sickened" in it. It automatically applies a -2 penalty to the relevant checks as it is already "built-in". It's just not added to the modifier window. So just add a "sickened" effect without any coding (except manually changing the duration to 0).

I actually tried to code it manually and wondered why it applied the effect twice.

Fatigued should work without any problem and at debilitated or more the character shouldn't really act in combat anyway.

Edit: Attached example. And yes, that's my typical d20 throw of 5d20 and not one above a 10.

KillerRabbit
September 15th, 2018, 21:46
Ah yes I see now, it gives a -3 to an attack roll (for example). Great! Thanks for showing me.