PDA

View Full Version : Cannot install

Kalo
September 12th, 2018, 23:52
I've been trying for a couple days now to no avail, I cannot get FG to install. I share a computer with my dad (who installed FG no problem and uses it regularly), but it will not install on my account. It allows me to scan for updates, but it will not create the actual application on my account. Is there a work around for it or am I just screwed?

Thank you,

Kalo

Zacchaeus
September 13th, 2018, 00:02
Welcome to the forums Kalo.

You are not going to be able to install FG twice on the same computer, and in fact if you could it would cause all sorts of conflicts and data corruption.

Kalo
September 13th, 2018, 00:05
Is there any way I can access it from my account? Or would it just be I have to log into my FG account on his client.

Zacchaeus
September 13th, 2018, 00:37
Is there any way I can access it from my account? Or would it just be I have to log into my FG account on his client.

I'm not entirely sure how that would work either if you have different DLC, campaigns etc. You may be able to ameliorate that somewhat by having the FGData stored in different places for each account. But again the potential for losing data would be pretty high.

Moon Wizard
September 13th, 2018, 00:56
As long as the program app and data folder are accessible from the second account, and the data folder is editable by the second account; it should still work.

However, it will only install to one location; so you’d have to share the same installation.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
September 13th, 2018, 05:16
Usually when you install a program, you get the option to install for current user or all users. Been awhile since I've had to do that, but...

Anyway, as stated, as long as you have read/write access to the FG data folder and read to the application install location you should be fine.

Let us know.

Skillkoil
September 13th, 2018, 15:13
Yeah the "Administrator" account would need to give you Administrator access as well. IF you are using Windows 10. Here is a link that shows you how to do it.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-user-account-type-windows-10