PDA

View Full Version : SFS #1-05 The First Mandate, Sat September 15, 4 PM GMT

Malkavian_Andi
September 12th, 2018, 18:11
A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-4.

With a new generation of Starfinders already accomplishing great deeds within the Pact Worlds and beyond, First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo is ready to announce the Starfinder Society's next initiative that will define her tenure. The PCs attend a gathering at the Lorespire Complex to socialize with several visiting dignitaries, each instrumental in the Society's survival following the Scoured Stars Incident. Nothing is as it seems, though, and when Radaszam, leader of the Acquisitives faction, uncovers a plot against the First Seeker, the PCs need to step in and ensure the Society's public event doesn't end in disaster!

Content in The First Mandate also contributes to the ongoing goals of the Acquisitives and Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo) factions. Content in this scenario also contributes to the ongoing Year of Scoured Stars storyline

Written by Lyz Liddell.

Starfinder Society Scenario Tags: Faction (Acquisitives), Faction (Second Seekers [Luwazi Elsebo])

I hope there will be some interested players for this one, even though it's on rather short notice (Until now, I wasn't sure if I'll get it prepped). Anyway, I figured it might be nice for the characters to get to know some NPCs they might or might not meet again in the near future.
Please upload your character XML and previous chronicle (if any) here.

Also, please sign up on the calendar: Calendar link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3192)

Malkavian_Andi
September 15th, 2018, 04:04
Seems like nobody is interested. Would people like a different time slot? I could probably offer to run one day later, likely before stephan's game (that would be 9/16 at about 6:00 or 7:00 AM GMT, can't go any much later on that day, because I have another game later the day).

stephan_
September 15th, 2018, 08:44
Judging by the amount of US Starfinder players I'm doubtful enough players would be interest in a 6 or 7 AM GMT slot. But be sure to prove me wrong. :)

You could try it next week instead? If there is a SFS game next Saturday I probably won't run a SFS game on Sunday,

Malkavian_Andi
September 15th, 2018, 10:55
yeah, I figured there's no harm in offering an alternate time slot rather than just cancelling :P
I will look into rescheduling for a later week (maybe not next week, I have a few games already then) if still nobody signs up.

stephan_
September 15th, 2018, 11:12
Alright, I'll hold off on running #1-05 then and probably run #1-07 next week. That means another starship combat.

Starship combat seems weirdly distributed. The first scenarios have lots of them, after those only the repeatable ones seem to have them.

Malkavian_Andi
September 16th, 2018, 07:52
Well, since nobody signed up on short notice, I'll reschedule. I chose:

Sunday, September 30 @ 3 PM GMT

Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3192)

The time can still be shifted forward or back (as long as it doesn't get too late for me), so if you're interested and can't make the announced time, please feel free to suggest alternate starting times.

Malkavian_Andi
September 20th, 2018, 15:43
There are currently 4 people signed up, so unless too many drop, we're good to go.

What I will definitely need from all who signed up is their character's xml file. If any of you are new to Fantasy Grounds or the Starfinder Ruleset, I'll also take a standard character sheet (in that case, please make sure I can read everything, and please don't provide such a character sheet too close to game time as I'll have to create the character in FG).
Also, if this isn't your first game with the character you're playing, please provide your latest chronicle sheet.

Malkavian_Andi
September 28th, 2018, 16:29
I currently have character sheets from 3 people (so if they all show up, we'll be able to play, even if the rest doesn't).
Since there are 6 people signed up, I'd like to ask the missing ones to send me their characters (or tell me if they'd like to play a pregen). The more I have to actually build the characters in FG, the more time I will need in advance. I'm planning to put characters together at some point tomorrow, so anything I have to build in FG would be nice to have by then. If you have an XML file that you either built in FG or exported from HL and already checked for errors, that won't take much time on my part, though.

I currently have:
kananesgi (Sajaen Anaheim)
Camasi (Icarri-7)
Rogue Wulf (DragonSVD)

That means I'm still missing characters from:
Swipht, Bulldogging, and Mythanos.

I will try to have the server up (I listed the alias in the game calendar) about 30 to 60 minutes before the game so you can log on and do some last minute checking if you like.

Also, I do not have an ultimate liscence, so you will have to have a liscence in order to play in my game. I hope I didn't run anyone off now.

Malkavian_Andi
September 30th, 2018, 01:14
Another thing: If you don't have a picture to use as a token, please give me a heads-up so I can look for a nice picture. If you do have a picture, just make sure it's in your portraits folder and add the picture to your character when you join the game.

Mythanos
September 30th, 2018, 03:14
Hey all, i believe i have sent all my info, i also do not have a portrait. i will be playing a Shirren :)

Camasi
September 30th, 2018, 08:52
Not having an ultimate license may deter some people away, but hopefully that won't be the case

Malkavian_Andi
September 30th, 2018, 09:13
Well, I hope people are reading what I post, and as of now, nobody has quit for that reason.
I definitely won't consider buying the ultimate liscence, I just don't run enough games to justify spending that amount of money ^^

Rogue Wulf
September 30th, 2018, 14:38
Since this is my first online game I have a stupid question....how do I connect?

xeno bard vast dungeon s the alias?

Rogue Wulf
September 30th, 2018, 14:39
Not having an ultimate license may deter some people away, but hopefully that won't be the case

I bought it. I do wish there were more games to join though :)

Rogue Wulf
September 30th, 2018, 14:42
One more stupid question....voice?

Malkavian_Andi
September 30th, 2018, 14:48
I do wish there were more games to join though :)

That would really be nice. It used to be quite a bit more, don't know why it has gotten so few over time.

On the other question: I can do both Teamspeak and Discord, depending on what the rest prefers.

And yes, xeno bard vast dungeon is the alias. You will be prompted to type that in when you click "join game". The other thing FG will ask you is a username. You can choose anything you like there (although choosing your FG forum name makes it easier to know who you are).

Rogue Wulf
September 30th, 2018, 14:53
Ok, im good with either damned's teamspeak or discord...discord I think is easy but thats just me :)

Malkavian_Andi
September 30th, 2018, 15:08
oh, and the server is up, so anybody who wants to log on can do so. Game starts in about an hour.

Rogue Wulf
September 30th, 2018, 15:16
oh, and the server is up, so anybody who wants to log on can do so. Game starts in about an hour.

Anything special to connect? I use: "xeno bard vast dungeon" as the alias, but connection fails.

Malkavian_Andi
September 30th, 2018, 15:19
seems like a connection problem on my side. I'll look into it. Luckily it's still some time until game time.

Mythanos
September 30th, 2018, 15:20
I do prefer Discord, apologies if already said but what is the address i should connect to and is there a pw?

Rogue Wulf
September 30th, 2018, 15:20
seems like a connection problem on my side. I'll look into it. Luckily it's still some time until game time.

Glad I woke up early to help break it :)

Rogue Wulf
September 30th, 2018, 15:21
I do prefer Discord, apologies if already said but what is the address i should connect to and is there a pw?

FG: xeno bard vast dungeon
Discord: [not set yet]

Malkavian_Andi
September 30th, 2018, 15:26
It should work now (I hope).

We'll use the FG Discord Channel then.
(https://discord.gg/ezNkcnq)