PDA

View Full Version : Stay Safe!

Skillkoil
September 12th, 2018, 16:19
To all my fellow players and GM's of Fantasy Grounds that live in and around the Carolinas, Please stay safe! I have been preparing for the storm myself these past couple of days. This is a very serious hurricane that is going to put out A LOT of wind and rain. Please be careful and get prepared! You probably won't see me on the forums for a few days after tomorrow. We are expecting to lose power for up to 7 days, depending on where this storm eventually makes landfall.

I wish you all the best of luck and look forward to seeing everyone after the storm passes!

P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. It seemed the most appropriate from the choices given.

GarthGiantbane
September 12th, 2018, 16:30
Good thoughts to everyone in the southeast US - thanks for starting this Skillkoil.

I have family in Charleston so keeping an eye on the news.

Skillkoil
September 13th, 2018, 14:58
It looks like this thing is going to veer south once it gets close to the coast. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Mortar
September 13th, 2018, 15:08
Echoing this...stay safe

Skillkoil
September 17th, 2018, 18:31
Well it didn't veer south. It stomped us into the ground. However, we were blessed. My brother who lives about 2 miles away kept electricity the whole time. We did have to evacuate due to a flash flood Saturday night that we thought was going to enter the house. But when we returned today the carpet was dry and the electricity was back on! So overall, we did much better than we could have. Thoughts and prayers to the 15 who have died so far, including a 3 month old child and her mother who died when a tree fell on their home. It is heartbreaking to see that happen.

Now we just have to deal with all these inland rivers. We are currently waiting for some roads to open up so we can resupply food and water.

Skillkoil
September 20th, 2018, 18:12
The sun is shining on a brand new day for most of us here in The Carolinas. My heart goes out to those who lost people to this disaster. I hope everyone here who was effected by Florence are safe and sound. I want to thank ALL the people who sent me private messages on here and discord checking in on me during and after the storm. It meant a lot to have so many of you take the time to send me a quick message of encouragement or letting me know your thoughts were with us.

I am so proud to be a member of this community, even more now, after going through this storm! Thank you all and.....

HAPPY GAMING!!!!

Bidmaron
September 20th, 2018, 19:09
Glad you came through it, Skillkoil.

Skillkoil
September 24th, 2018, 14:24
I appreciate it Bid!