PDA

View Full Version : Pictures and Maps in Fantasy Grounds

FiveSola
June 18th, 2006, 21:00
I am considering purchasing FG and would like to find out a few more things. I have seen where text can be used/entered that comes from a text document separate from FG. But does it have the ability to use other maps, or images that I have on my PC in my DM collection folder? And what format do they need to be in?

Stuart
June 18th, 2006, 21:04
Any jpeg or png image will do.

Cantstanzya
June 18th, 2006, 23:30
It will do .bmp and .gif as well.

Oberoten
June 19th, 2006, 08:29
Does FG handle Animated GIF?

Might be fun for tokens...

Stuart
June 19th, 2006, 08:34
No it does not.... at least the few I have tried failed and of course ... "if at first you fail, give up":(

Silas1066
June 19th, 2006, 12:48
the only issue I am having with importing my own maps, is that they don't "center" in the screen. I'm not sure what the maximum height and width are suppossed to be. If I import a large map by sticking the image into the images folder, I often get the top left side and not the entire thing.

Snikle
June 19th, 2006, 14:38
You can move the map then using the provided image move buttons, it always starts in the left top corner, but the entire map is available, the GM can move the viewable portion of the map.

Silas1066
June 19th, 2006, 16:31
I hate to ask a stupid question...

but where are the "image move" buttons?

Snikle
June 19th, 2006, 16:52
At the office so I cannot be 100%, but if I remember correctly, put your mouse over an image and a small button will appear in the bottom right corner with directional arrows, then just click, hold and drag and it will move the viewable area of the map around.

Cantstanzya
June 19th, 2006, 17:04
You can move the map then using the provided image move buttons, it always starts in the left top corner, but the entire map is available, the GM can move the viewable portion of the map.You can also hold the middle mouse button down (the scroll button) to move the view of the map.

Silas1066
June 19th, 2006, 19:01
ah! I see. I was clicking on that button before, but I wasn't holding it down.

gurney9999
June 19th, 2006, 19:24
Holding down Ctrl while clicking on that button and then moving your mouse up and down will allow you to zoom in and out on the map as well

Silas1066
June 19th, 2006, 19:47
when I create "personalities" within my campaign, how do I assign icons to their names (or portraits). Can this be done?

amannella
June 19th, 2006, 20:09
you can create a link in the personality windows then drag the portrait title into the link box to make the link work. Then when you open up the personality you just have to click on the link and the picture will pop up.