PDA

View Full Version : LFP: The Expanse one-shot

timdog88
September 11th, 2018, 02:55
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: The Expanse (AGE system)

Time Zone: Eastern US time (Atlanta, GA)
Day of week and time: Friday, 9 PM
If new game, planned start date: s/a
Planned Duration & Frequency: One shot
Term: 1 game

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: 3-6
Character starting level & equipment: pregens
Character restrictions:

Details of your scenario: I will be running a one-shot using the quick start rules of the Expanse RPG recently kickstarted by Green Ronin. Looking for 3-6 players, pregens provided.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3191

Valarian
September 11th, 2018, 06:32
Love to play, me. Lot too late from where am, sa sa ke? Bist bien on the game, ja.

Skillkoil
September 11th, 2018, 08:43
I'm assuming this is based off of the TV Show? Which is AMAZING! I need to check this system out! Good luck on your game!

Valarian
September 11th, 2018, 18:33
I'm assuming this is based off of the TV Show? Which is AMAZING! I need to check this system out! Good luck on your game!
It's based on the books, rather than the TV show. The license doesn't include photos etc. from the TV series, and events will follow the books where the TV licensee has differed.
https://greenronin.com/expanse/

Claybor
September 11th, 2018, 20:49
I'm just starting to watch the show, and have not read the books (may if I enjoy the show after a few more episodes), but I like the premise and would like to try out the new AGE rules as well. Request sent on calendar page.

Royalwolf
September 12th, 2018, 03:20
I'm just starting to watch the show, and have not read the books (may if I enjoy the show after a few more episodes), but I like the premise and would like to try out the new AGE rules as well. Request sent on calendar page.

the show is very similar to the books, but there are differences. i'd say somewhat along the lines to how there were differences in LOTR books and movies. the overall plot and spirit of the books is still in the tv show, but as always, some concessions have to be made going from print to screen

timdog88
September 12th, 2018, 04:34
Ok, I have approved the two people that joined so far. Still more slots available!

timdog88
September 17th, 2018, 21:18
Bump. Still several slots available this Friday!

Khaelo
September 18th, 2018, 02:53
Hi! I've applied as a player. This is my first time trying Fantasy Grounds. My experience with the AGE system is an in-person game of Blue Rose, which was great. Otherwise, I started tabletop roleplaying with D&D 5e when it came out four years ago.

Does this adventure include spoilers for Persepolis Rising? If so, I need to start reading fast! ;)

timdog88
September 18th, 2018, 04:18
Sounds good. I'll approve you now.

Valarian
September 18th, 2018, 07:14
Does this adventure include spoilers for Persepolis Rising? If so, I need to start reading fast! ;)
I've avoided reading the adventure part of the quick start, but I would doubt that there are spoilers that far ahead in the series. Green Ronin have stated that the game will be set in the period between Leviathan Wakes and Caliban's War.

timdog88
September 19th, 2018, 03:32
So, unfortunately, I am going to have to reschedule this game. I have to go out of town on Friday and won't be back till Saturday evening late. I could probably run this Sunday night, so let me know if that would work for anyone who wants to play. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Claybor
September 19th, 2018, 05:33
I could probably do Sunday night or an alternate Friday down the road.

donpaulo
September 24th, 2018, 10:13
I'd be interested but I think the session has passed ?

Claybor
September 24th, 2018, 18:31
It has not. I think we are looking to 'hopefully' reschedule at some point.

donpaulo
September 25th, 2018, 05:29
very well

color me interested in participating

timdog88
September 25th, 2018, 21:43
Yes, I am going to reschedule this one. Not sure exactly when just yet, had some life stuff come up and its got me busy right now, but hopefully in the next 2 weeks or so. i'll post here when I know for sure.

timdog88
October 12th, 2018, 00:52
Ok, I am going to give this one a try again. I would like to run this next Friday on the 19th, at about 830 PM eastern time.

Here is the calendar link:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3191

If you had previously applied to play, please reapply so I know you are coming to this one.

Thanks

bakspace
October 27th, 2019, 23:19
Any chance you might run another one-shot sometime? Or a campaign even?

RunningWolf
December 21st, 2019, 13:59
If everyone is still willing I'm very interested.

I should be running the demo but looks like you have the Ult Key so that shouldn't be an issue.

I have a passing familiarity with the AGE mechanics (stunts, ect) and know the books and show well enough.