PDA

View Full Version : Alchemist Module in Friend's Game Not Showing Up

jdkribbs
September 10th, 2018, 23:48
Hi,

I purchased the Alchemist kit today. After following the instructions to load the module, I see it in the library of my own game... but when trying to use it in a friend's game, it does not show up. It's just not there. I tried going into settings, logging in, and re-updating several times now. However, neither my friend nor I can see the module in the library of his game, nor does the Alchemist class show up in the class list.

Has anyone else encountered this issue before? I'd appreciate any insight or suggestions anyone could provide.

Thank you

Zacchaeus
September 10th, 2018, 23:57
Hi jdk welcome to FG.

If you want your players to see the module you will need to enable it as a player module. In the GM modules screen drag the green tick symbol and drop it over the red x next to the module name.

LordEntrails
September 11th, 2018, 00:17
To clarify what Mr. Z is saying, since your friend is the GM, he has to allow you access to your module. It will show up in his Module Activation window and in there he can allow it by dragging the green mark like Z says.

Let us know if you still have questions.

jdkribbs
September 11th, 2018, 00:17
Hi Zacchaeus, my GM has tried that, but the module does not even appear for him to do that. Another one of our players has purchased a different base class, and his shows up just fine. Again, when I make my own game, I can see the module and activate it (with the green check mark). But when I join a friend's game, the module doesn't appear (for the GM to allow access).

LordEntrails
September 11th, 2018, 00:19
Is the "Alchemists" module written for the same ruleset that your friends campaign is using?

Zacchaeus
September 11th, 2018, 00:29
Sorry I misread your initial post. I think this is going to depend on whether the module defaults to being a player module (ie it has a green tick by default). If it does then when you join the DM game it should show up in his list of modules. If it isn’t set as a player module by default then it is not going to show up in his list. I don’t know where this module comes from or even what ruleset it is for, but you might have to reach out to the publisher of the module and ask then to change the default to being a player module.

jdkribbs
September 11th, 2018, 00:53
The Alchemists module is called "Alchemist for 5th Edition". My friend's ruleset is 5E, as is my own when I test it.

To Zacchaeus, I purchased the module on the Fantasy Grounds store. The link is https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=TP201603015E

When I launch my own game, the module is checked off already in the 'Data Module Activation' page (though I may have checked it off hours ago, and it simply remembered thereafter). In the library, it shows up under the 'Accessary' section, right above the 'Core Rules' section.

Skillkoil
September 11th, 2018, 05:22
It looks like this module is for DM's and isn't set to be accessible as a "player module" that your DM can approve for you to use in his game. You will probably have to do as Zacchaeus says and reach out to the publisher and ask them if they can make it a player module as well so you can use it in other people's games.

jdkribbs
September 11th, 2018, 05:44
Thanks everyone for the very prompt and helpful responses. I'll try your suggestions, and if I don't have any luck then I'll gift it to my DM.

Skillkoil
September 11th, 2018, 08:44
Welcome to the forums! I hope it all works out for you. Happy Gaming!

Zacchaeus
September 11th, 2018, 11:38
I've sent a note to Smiteworks asking them to check the situation with this module.

Edit: And it's been fixed (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45524-Release-Updates-on-9-11-2018)