PDA

View Full Version : Why no Guts Skill in DLR?

mac40k
September 10th, 2018, 21:07
I'm curious why the Guts skill wasn't added to the Skill list in the FG Player's Guide for players to drag and drop onto their character sheet. I know you can add it in manually, but NPCs have the appropriate die type in Guts where appropriate.

Doswelk
September 11th, 2018, 07:11
I'm curious why the Guts skill wasn't added to the Skill list in the FG Player's Guide for players to drag and drop onto their character sheet. I know you can add it in manually, but NPCs have the appropriate die type in Guts where appropriate.
Simply because when the DLR Player's Guide was created the Guts Skill was in the Explorer's Edition rulebook.

The Guts skill is not in the hardback version of the DLR Player's Guide for the same reason.

mac40k
September 11th, 2018, 15:06
Simply because when the DLR Player's Guide was created the Guts Skill was in the Explorer's Edition rulebook.

The Guts skill is not in the hardback version of the DLR Player's Guide for the same reason.

Well it's a shame it hasn't been updated. SWD notes that Guts was removed from Core, but remains a setting rule in DLR and PEG put out this https://www.peginc.com/store/deadlands-deluxe-ified-pdf/

We've seen the change to the Shaken rule that was made two years ago updated in the Savage Worlds Ruleset. It would be nice to have the DLR PG updated to put Guts back in.

edem
March 7th, 2019, 13:43
Any news on this? Especially now that SWADE is out and any reference to Guts has been removed (as it was deprecated in Deluxe), but it is part of the DLR setting rules, it would be a good idea to add it to the module? (Especially since it does contain Arcane skills that are already in the core ruleset...)

Valyar
March 7th, 2019, 16:38
I added the Guts as skill in the Skill library of a campaign. This was faster than any hack or module.

edem
March 7th, 2019, 17:55
I added the Guts as skill in the Skill library of a campaign. This was faster than any hack or module.

That is a quick fix for one game, but it can become a bit tedious if I have to do that every time, instead of it being part of the main module, which, as I said, already contains skill entries (which are actually part of the core system).