PDA

View Full Version : Software for use TV as Grid

brunocalado
September 9th, 2018, 23:14
Hi.

I am studying the use of a program to replace the grid. I will have a television connected to a computer only. The only use I have is to control the movements of monsters and NPCs, my players have not used the program, their movements will be controlled as they point on the TV.

Using a Standard account can I do this? Put the grid on a TV while controlling the computer.

Thank you.

damned
September 10th, 2018, 00:37
Will you have a separate screen for the GM view?
If so - yes.
and Welcome.

Skillkoil
September 10th, 2018, 03:17
Hi.

I am studying the use of a program to replace the grid. I will have a television connected to a computer only. The only use I have is to control the movements of monsters and NPCs, my players have not used the program, their movements will be controlled as they point on the TV. Using a Standard account can I do this? Put the grid on a TV while controlling the computer.

Thank you.

Welcome to the Forums! Yeah as long as you have the GM view on your computer and then connect through local ip and use the TV for the player screen you are good to go! They can point and you can move the tokens on the map for them.

Bidmaron
September 10th, 2018, 05:01
Trenloe has this extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33834-Map-resize-to-TV-resolution-for-Face-To-Face-games) that is designed to make the process easier and control scaling based on your monitor resolution.

brunocalado
September 10th, 2018, 16:37
Will you have a separate screen for the GM view?
If so - yes.
and Welcome.

Yes.
Computer Screen - GM
TV Screen - Players

I don't need another account? Just mine?

brunocalado
September 10th, 2018, 16:38
Welcome to the Forums! Yeah as long as you have the GM view on your computer and then connect through local ip and use the TV for the player screen you are good to go! They can point and you can move the tokens on the map for them.

I'll use my single account as GM and Player?

Trenloe
September 10th, 2018, 16:45
I'll use my single account as GM and Player?
Yes. Assuming you're running a single computer. Start a second instance of FG (from a single installation on the same computer) and "Join Game" with a server name of localhost This doesn't require any additional licenses/accounts.

brunocalado
September 10th, 2018, 17:00
Yes. Assuming you're running a single computer. Start a second instance of FG (from a single installation) and "Join Game" with a server name of localhost This doesn't require any additional licenses/accounts.

Thank you.