PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist - Starfinder

KillerRabbit
September 9th, 2018, 22:13
Can we have something like a wishlist going?
Things that would be nice to have in the game?

I mentioned this earlier in a post, but want to stretch again:
- My first wish would be to have the ability to expand the misc. box at the skill sheet, so you can see the different bonus types, i you can enter the bonusses you have with each type.
Maybe even have a entry field next to it to manually enter where the bonus itself is coming from.

I'm playing with many new players, and i have to check everytime if they updated things right. So I have to double check their abilities and see where the bonusses come from, and if they dont add up two bonusses from the same type, and so on.
It would just be easier for a gm and for players aswell to be able to see this.

- Second wish, many abilities are not been done automaticly and you have to enter many thing yourself (talking about class abilities). Is there a possibility that this will be fixed in the future?

Zacchaeus
September 9th, 2018, 22:25
You mean the thing linked in my Signature?

KillerRabbit
September 9th, 2018, 22:34
I see no sig maybe because i am on my phone? But if its specifically about starfinder than that would be great.

Skillkoil
September 9th, 2018, 22:55
Here is my wish:

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=120784

imjedi
September 10th, 2018, 15:06
Here is my wish:

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=120784

Couldn't you just create a container on the character for Cargo and place items there and then just minimize it so its not showing everything? Your idea works also, just offering an alternative solution.

Skillkoil
September 10th, 2018, 15:10
Couldn't you just create a container on the character for Cargo and place items there and then just minimize it so its not showing everything? Your idea works also, just offering an alternative solution.

That's what we are doing now we created a PC sheet with the name and token for our ship. But only one player can have access to it at a time. A tab on the PC Ship would allow everyone to add/remove items anytime they like. It is just a wishlist item, so if they don't do it we will survive. :) Samarex did say he added it to the to-do list but we will just have to wait and see. Apparently, it is more complicated than copying the player inventory code into a tab on the ship.

Blacklamb
September 18th, 2018, 22:05
Here is a wish list item for me. Support for fusions that add different crit effects and prompt you to select on when you crit but before the roll. I imagine it could be done with an or operator something like "1d10 F; Burn 1d6 | Shaken 1d4". Another thing they tend to do is change the damage type, I know we can copy the weapon to make different damage strings but having a selector or a way to have more than one on the weapon would be nice. The last one is how to handle powers that let you make all your attack magical with weapons.

KillerRabbit
September 19th, 2018, 13:17
Adding fusions, upgrades, ... to weapons auto adjusts the damage, effects, ...

Azaran
September 23rd, 2018, 12:42
Starship combat would be my wish. I know it's on a back burner because of illness but we've stopped using the ruleset until it's ready.

Samarex
September 24th, 2018, 00:43
Here is a wish list item for me. Support for fusions that add different crit effects and prompt you to select on when you crit but before the roll. I imagine it could be done with an or operator something like "1d10 F; Burn 1d6 | Shaken 1d4". Another thing they tend to do is change the damage type, I know we can copy the weapon to make different damage strings but having a selector or a way to have more than one on the weapon would be nice. The last one is how to handle powers that let you make all your attack magical with weapons.

The Multi-able Damage boxes is on my list to do. I want to have a way to put in different Damages and you just click the one you want to use.

Skillkoil
September 24th, 2018, 02:18
Samarex can you add the saves to items like Grenades. Right now things like sticky grenades don't have the save info on them. We had to look it up in the books.

Blahness98
September 26th, 2018, 00:49
The saves on grenades will vary per the person throwing and the level of the grenade. Best thing you can do is make a generic spell called grenade and add the cast action. In there you should be able to set the DC for whatever grenade you are chucking.

KillerRabbit
October 8th, 2018, 19:55
Non lethal damage should be a thing

Davido1000
January 7th, 2019, 10:56
Hello, just want to throw a suggestion into the hat which i feel would make combat easier, could we have buttons for the various types of cover just above the modifier box like the 5e ruleset has for advantage and disadvantage.

xanstin
January 23rd, 2019, 00:20
Non lethal damage should be a thing

It actually doesnt work in a way to be tracked with points, per CRB PG252 It deals damage as normal. When it would take you to zero or less, it then causes you to fall unconscious but stable. Maybe a modifier button like cover that when depressed during an attack it wont put you in a dying state and instead unconscious and stable

IngloriousBards
February 8th, 2019, 06:03
The range of a Ranged Attack should really be a parameter listed in an NPC's attack details in the combat tracker. Without it, there's no way to know whether an attack is in range or what the range penalty is without wading through a lot of item lists in the middle of combat or manually altering attack names of every creature.

We have the attack bonus. We have the damage. We just need the range for the attack to have the entire picture.

Thanks,

Tom

Davido1000
March 30th, 2019, 11:09
A Customizable affliction/poison track on the character sheet would be nice and adding all the effects in the conditions.

Rendran
June 30th, 2019, 07:27
I would like to see in the chat box how many SP were spent when damage is absorbed, It can be a bother to check when you have Damage resistances and other effects.
Also agree with Davido1000, shortcut buttons for cover modifiers like in the 5e ruleset would be nice.

Marswipp
July 2nd, 2019, 22:01
Roll modifiers for cover and concealment are under the "+/-" button in the top right, as is the case for most of the supported d20 rule sets. While toggles near the dice tray would be helpful, there might be too many to add.

madman
July 3rd, 2019, 00:43
I was thinking it would be nice to have Pcover and cover on the desktop. I may have to look into that for an extension.

madman
July 3rd, 2019, 02:18
Here is the link to the extension that adds cover buttons to the desktop.

xxXHere (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43491-Starfinder-Community-Extensions&p=443205&viewfull=1#post443205)Xxx

Rendran
July 3rd, 2019, 03:34
Tried it and it works great, thank you madman!

Samarex
July 3rd, 2019, 04:41
Thanks I can take that and incorporate it into the rule set

Thanks again MadMan

madman
July 3rd, 2019, 05:42
Cool!

Samarex
July 4th, 2019, 00:49
Ok some things on my Plate after reading thru this thread again.
Starship Combat. In work

Bonuses -going to add editor window to show the different types of bonuses with boxes to input thhe bonus, the main bonus will be the total of these boxes. To help prevent stacking of bonus types

Multi damage string boxes per weapon-To allow entering different damage settings for One weapon witout having to make multi weapons. Best I can do for Multi Crit type weapons, as I could make a choice pop up but the problem is pausing the code while it waits for a input. I have the same problem with ability adjustment at level 5,10,15,20. The code wont wait for rhe choice so I have to go back and adjust everything after the return of the choices. With damage that would be a problem doing.

Skill-based Want to add rolling actions for the different Sub Skills

For Starships Im working on getting the Players Starship sheet running right then on to CT/NPC.
-Get Power Usage working when you select the system On/Off
-Make the Crew Actions a Mini Tab so Players can open there Actions Tab and not need the full Starship open.
--Have PCU and BP list update when you delete a Item (expansion bays, systems)
-Verify that all the numbers are correct.

Just to name a few.....

Samarex

Samarex
July 5th, 2019, 01:07
Here is the link to the extension that adds cover buttons to the desktop.

xxXHere (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43491-Starfinder-Community-Extensions&p=443205&viewfull=1#post443205)Xxx

Got this incorprated in the SFRPG Ruleset, Also added Superior Cover

madman
July 5th, 2019, 02:07
Nice!

Talen
July 5th, 2019, 02:39
Got this incorprated in the SFRPG Ruleset, Also added Superior Cover

What theme is that in the screenshot?

madman
July 5th, 2019, 05:40
This one Here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48877-Hacking-a-Theme&p=433549&viewfull=1#post433549)

I Hacked it up some more

Davido1000
July 5th, 2019, 12:42
This one Here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48877-Hacking-a-Theme&p=433549&viewfull=1#post433549)

I Hacked it up some more

Would you mind posting the hacks you made?

msbranin
July 5th, 2019, 22:06
Isn't it improved cover .. not superior cover.. I know its just semantics but I was scratching my head looking to see where it changed.

Cover
Cover does not necessarily block precise senses, but it does make it more difficult for enemies to hit you. To determine whether your target has cover from your attack, choose a corner of your square. If any line from this corner to any corner of the target’s square passes through a square or border that blocks line of effect or provides cover, or through a square occupied by a creature, the target has cover. Cover grants you a +4 bonus to AC and a +2 bonus to Reflex saves against attacks that originate from a point on the other side of the cover from you. Note that spread effects can extend around corners and negate these bonuses.

Soft Cover
Creatures, even enemies, between you and the src of an effect provide you with cover against ranged attacks, giving you a +4 bonus to AC. However, soft cover provides no bonus to Reflex saves, nor does soft cover allow you to attempt a Stealth check.

Partial Cover
If more than half of you is visible, your bonuses from cover are reduced to +2 to AC and +1 to Reflex saving throws.

Improved Cover
In some cases, such as when a target is hiding behind a gun port in a defensive wall, cover provides greater bonuses to AC and Reflex saves. In such situations, the normal bonuses to AC and Reflex saves are doubled (to +8 and +4, respectively).

Total Cover
If an enemy doesn’t have line of effect to you (see page 271), you have total cover from the enemy. A creature can’t make an attack against a target that has total cover.

Samarex
July 5th, 2019, 23:09
Isn't it improved cover .. not superior cover.. I know its just semantics but I was scratching my head looking to see where it changed.

Cover
Cover does not necessarily block precise senses, but it does make it more difficult for enemies to hit you. To determine whether your target has cover from your attack, choose a corner of your square. If any line from this corner to any corner of the target’s square passes through a square or border that blocks line of effect or provides cover, or through a square occupied by a creature, the target has cover. Cover grants you a +4 bonus to AC and a +2 bonus to Reflex saves against attacks that originate from a point on the other side of the cover from you. Note that spread effects can extend around corners and negate these bonuses.

Soft Cover
Creatures, even enemies, between you and the src of an effect provide you with cover against ranged attacks, giving you a +4 bonus to AC. However, soft cover provides no bonus to Reflex saves, nor does soft cover allow you to attempt a Stealth check.

Partial Cover
If more than half of you is visible, your bonuses from cover are reduced to +2 to AC and +1 to Reflex saving throws.

Improved Cover
In some cases, such as when a target is hiding behind a gun port in a defensive wall, cover provides greater bonuses to AC and Reflex saves. In such situations, the normal bonuses to AC and Reflex saves are doubled (to +8 and +4, respectively).

Total Cover
If an enemy doesn’t have line of effect to you (see page 271), you have total cover from the enemy. A creature can’t make an attack against a target that has total cover.

Thanks for pointing out the errors in my ways.
I will look at cover in general and get things corrected.

madman
July 21st, 2019, 18:15
I would love to see an ability section on the spell sheet that does not reparse when dropped on the combat tracker. an example would be for NPC's with Trick Attack. For that matter, it would be great to have one on the character sheet as well that can tie in skills to rolls.

or maybe some way to lock a spell once it has had actions added to it.

Samarex
July 21st, 2019, 22:38
I would love to see an ability section on the spell sheet that does not reparse when dropped on the combat tracker. an example would be for NPC's with Trick Attack. For that matter, it would be great to have one on the character sheet as well that can tie in skills to rolls.

or maybe some way to lock a spell once it has had actions added to it.

I have allready thought of that, I plan on doing something that allows skill checks to be used in a attack.

Samarex
July 22nd, 2019, 00:27
I have allready thought of that, I plan on doing something that allows skill checks to be used in a attack.

The spells should not change now, so if you add a trick attack spell it should stay there and not change.
(rev 1.14a)

xanstin
October 22nd, 2019, 04:39
I would love to see Sbd (Subdual which doesn't exist in starfinder) on the combat tracker repurposed to track Fatigue from character sheet and change SP to track MAX Stamina (from Character sheet). As it stands no easy way to see % of SP unless you look at bars on party sheet, you can only see current on CT. This would basically track it similar to how HP is tracked.

As I stated previously on this thread per CRB PG252 Most attacks that deal nonlethal damage work like any other attacks, and they deal damage to your Stamina Points or Hit Points as normal. However, when nonlethal damage would reduce you to 0 or fewer Hit Points, you are reduced to exactly 0 HP and fall unconscious, but you are stable instead of dying.

Samarex
October 22nd, 2019, 11:43
I would love to see Sbd (Subdual which doesn't exist in starfinder) on the combat tracker repurposed to track Fatigue from character sheet and change SP to track MAX Stamina (from Character sheet). As it stands no easy way to see % of SP unless you look at bars on party sheet, you can only see current on CT. This would basically track it similar to how HP is tracked.
Included in 1.2.0 Update.
Attached is a screen shot showing both the Host CT and Client CT. I have updated the status of CT.
HP(Max HP) / Tmp(Temp HP) / Wnd(Wounds) / SP(SP Max) / Fat(Fatique) / RP(Current RP).

As I stated previously on this thread per CRB PG252 Most attacks that deal nonlethal damage work like any other attacks, and they deal damage to your Stamina Points or Hit Points as normal. However, when nonlethal damage would reduce you to 0 or fewer Hit Points, you are reduced to exactly 0 HP and fall unconscious, but you are stable instead of dying.
Since Rev 1.0.15a update.
This works if the attacker has damage type "nonlethal" on the weapon or effect nonlethal"

xanstin
October 22nd, 2019, 12:41
Included in 1.2.0 Update.
Attached is a screen shot showing both the Host CT and Client CT. I have updated the status of CT.
HP(Max HP) / Tmp(Temp HP) / Wnd(Wounds) / SP(SP Max) / Fat(Fatique) / RP(Current RP).

Since Rev 1.0.15a update.
This works if the attacker has damage type "nonlethal" on the weapon or effect nonlethal"

Yes it works great! My comment was just evidence as to why subdual should be removed not stating a bug

Blacklamb
October 22nd, 2019, 17:57
With today's update UPB now takes up bulk, That is good but it would be nice to have a way to record stored UPB as most of my players are not going to be carrying 10,000 (10 Bulk) of UPB on them. It would be nice to have tracking of carried and stored UPB, with loot going to carried and a easy way to transfer them between the two stores.

deer_buster
October 22nd, 2019, 18:05
With today's update UPB now takes up bulk, That is good but it would be nice to have a way to record stored UPB as most of my players are not going to be carrying 10,000 (10 Bulk) of UPB on them. It would be nice to have tracking of carried and stored UPB, with loot going to carried and a easy way to transfer them between the two stores.

Store it as a non-carried inventory item?

Samarex
October 22nd, 2019, 22:18
Store it as a non-carried inventory item?

That can be a option for now
We can change up the Money block some to add a second number box next to Credits and UPB these would be considered as not immeditly accessable. And those would not go towared Enc.

xanstin
October 23rd, 2019, 02:57
CT updates are perfect! With 1.2.0 you can add effects using class as damage modifier under abilities area. Is it possible to include this as a option in weapon damage so that you can code weapons you are trained in to add damage = Lvl ? You can make a blanket effect or manually adjust weapons each level as work around.

REF - "You gain specialization in that weapon type, which means you add your character level to damage with the selected weapon type, or half your character level for small arms or operative melee weapons."

Samarex
October 23rd, 2019, 03:20
CT updates are perfect! With 1.2.0 you can add effects using class as damage modifier under abilities area. Is it possible to include this as a option in weapon damage so that you can code weapons you are trained in to add damage = Lvl ? You can make a blanket effect or manually adjust weapons each level as work around.

REF - "You gain specialization in that weapon type, which means you add your character level to damage with the selected weapon type, or half your character level for small arms or operative melee weapons."

We are working on the Weapon Spec stuff

xanstin
October 23rd, 2019, 03:20
Great work man you are doing a fantastic job supporting this ruleset

madman
October 27th, 2019, 18:58
Any chance to get the weapon and armor mods changed so they can be dropped into a parcel?

Samarex
October 28th, 2019, 12:10
Any chance to get the weapon and armor mods changed so they can be dropped into a parcel?

Will Do....

Samarex
October 29th, 2019, 07:27
With SFRPG Rev 1.2.2
Item Templates can now be dropped in both Parcels ans Party Sheet.

msbranin
May 6th, 2020, 18:09
Would like a way to damage a stat directly (HP, SP, TEMP).

Mystics for one have a ability to heal HP by transferring thier own Hp to the player.. but current methods do not allow you to damage your HP directly.. it tries to remove it from stamina first.

Shaqer85
May 8th, 2020, 10:20
Can we have Society window extendable like the character sheet is? After few scenarios there a lot of boons and only 3 can be displayed at the same time, that would make it easier for players when they slotting them when the scenario starts.
Thank You for all the hard work!

madman
May 14th, 2020, 18:45
With the ever growing list of effects for all of the options in Starfinder it sure would be nice if we had the ability to drop spells and special features back to the lists. This way a module could be made of all the effects. Looking through the other rulesets they all seem to do this but not Starfinder.

special abilities does this but will not export the information.
spells just do nothing when dropped to the list.

Madman..

deer_buster
July 12th, 2020, 22:00
I would like to see in the chat box how many SP were spent when damage is absorbed, It can be a bother to check when you have Damage resistances and other effects.

Would you guys want to see something like this regarding how much damage was absorbed by Stamina?

madman
July 13th, 2020, 06:49
I would for sure!

Daniel Fletcher
July 13th, 2020, 17:40
Yes would be great to see the breakout.

deer_buster
July 13th, 2020, 17:50
I would for sure!

Yes would be great to see the breakout.

Well, you're in luck. Look at post 3 in the bug list...the latest extension includes it.

Evolivolution
July 13th, 2020, 18:51
It would be nice to have an attack modifier for nonleathal attacks (ATK: -4) in addition to the already existing damage modifier (Unconcious, Prone and Stable instead of dead on 0HP or below).

deer_buster
August 5th, 2020, 05:49
It would be nice to have an attack modifier for nonleathal attacks (ATK: -4) in addition to the already existing damage modifier (Unconcious, Prone and Stable instead of dead on 0HP or below).

I'd handle that with an action that you just apply to yourself when you want it. You can make it per roll, or leave it on all combat. Reminder, you also get a ATK:-4 when you try to make a nonlethal weapon lethal.

Stadlerc
August 26th, 2020, 19:47
Ok. Here is my wishlist...

1) ship token sets
2) tokens for all creatures in all 3 alien archives/core books (so all APs can have tokens other then a letter)
3) event dialog to track chases, alert levels, etc (GM only initially with player share)

madman
August 27th, 2020, 23:01
Any Starship that has a token comes with it. Does it not?
All the art provided come as a token in those books. Does it not?
I would love to see a race/chase tracker as well.

I wonder how hard it would be to add a panel that tracks simple information that can be changed in the xml? I will do some poking around.

Madman..

Samarex
August 28th, 2020, 01:23
Ok. Here is my wishlist...

1) ship token sets
2) tokens for all creatures in all 3 alien archives/core books (so all APs can have tokens other then a letter)
3) event dialog to track chases, alert levels, etc (GM only initially with player share)

Please expand on what you mean about Tokens. All the Alien Archives have a complete list of Tokens for all creatures and ships listed in the book. ( for those that had images provided in the book)