PDA

View Full Version : disconnected from a game and can not reconnect

pistolcb
September 9th, 2018, 18:08
I was in a game and I disconnected from the host and can not reconnect Discord is working fine and my internet browser is working but the connection bar does not move when i try to reconnect then times our. I have restarted my computer and my router

Zacchaeus
September 9th, 2018, 18:35
Hi pistocb welcome to FG.

We need some more information. First what license type does the host/DM have? And what license type do you have? How are you trying to join the game over the internet or on the same network as the DM? Are you getting any error messages? Can other people connect to the DM - is it just you that has the issue. The more information we have the better we might be able to help you.

pistolcb
September 9th, 2018, 19:00
I have a purchased licence the DM has an Ultimate licence it is over the internet and all of the other players are in the game it is only me having problems. I get no error messages the connecting bar does not fill up at all and the when I do a test connection it fails

Zacchaeus
September 9th, 2018, 19:10
Don't worry about the test connection, that isn't important for players.

Check that you are not using the same username as another player (even one that isn't playing). Check also that the alias you are using (or IP address if you are using that) is correct. It is possible that your DM is sharing too much and you are running low on memory. You can try connecting to a new campaign that the DM sets up without anything shared to see if you can connect to that. If you can then the DM probably needs to trim down what is being shared. He should remove things like tokens from his shared folder and unshare any large images and possibly also cut down on shared modules. After he has done so clear your cache (nuke button on the join screen) before you re-join the campaign.

Other possibilities include something on your side such as Anti virus or malware software interfering with you being able to join. Make sure you have exceptions in place for Fantasy Grounds; if there are already rules there it would be a good idea to delete them and make new ones.

pistolcb
September 9th, 2018, 19:32
I hit the clear cache and when the DM closed the character down in the game it seemed to let me back into the game

Skillkoil
September 9th, 2018, 21:13
It sounds like their was a ghost connection on your DM's game. His FG was still showing you connected and that was preventing you from getting back in. If it happens in the future ask the DM to kick your character. (Right click on portrait choose kick icon) This should get you back in much quicker next time.