PDA

View Full Version : Module Sharing With Selected Players

dulux-oz
September 9th, 2018, 06:54
Hi Guys,

This is a really stupid question, and I should know the answer, but I'm being particularly dim the last several weeks (my players know why :( ):

Can you share a Module f=with only one (or more) players but not everyone - and if so, how?

Example Use Case: Sharing a Grimoir only with the party Mage - the other players/characters don't need to know about the deails of the spells (and, it could be argued, that the other characters *shouldn't* know the details).

Thanks in advance

Dulux-Oz (I think... its a bit fuzzy at the moment) :)

Valyar
September 9th, 2018, 07:29
I think for modules it is all or nothing. But you should be able to can share a content with a specific player once you load the module.

damned
September 9th, 2018, 07:59
If its a home brew module you could give them the actual file.

LordEntrails
September 9th, 2018, 14:42
I assume you've tried dragging just the module (don't think it's draggable...) to the portrait?

Trenloe
September 9th, 2018, 14:54
You can't control who has access to the GM's modules.

Your best bet is as damned suggests - make a player module with just the stuff you want to share to an individual player and send that module to the player, asking them to install it in their \modules directory. Then remove the .mod from the GM's \modules directory. When the player joins the GM's game, the GM's module activate screen will be updated to include the custom module - the GM can give the player access to that module at this point.

Skillkoil
September 9th, 2018, 17:34
You could do that or make a story entry with the information in it and then share that story entry with just the player. If you have made specific spells that you want the player to be able to access you can drag and link them into the story entry as well.