PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a DM

Grellmer
September 9th, 2018, 01:39
Hi everyone. I have a group of friends (6 total to be exact) that live in different parts of the country that would like to get into the official campaigns. It is difficult finding a game that isn't already going or playing an adventure that is more advanced. So we are looking for a DM that can be somewhat flexible with the experience the players would like to have and the campaign that we start in. We have people who have played before but several in the group are completely new. We would like to start at lvl 1 in the Lost Mine of Phandelver campaign.

Honestly being a DM for a group of players I dont know doesn't really sound like it would be interesting to anyone, although I could be wrong. I know there are DMs out there who charge for their "service" and we are definitely open to that. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it, thank you.

Steffen_de_Wolff
September 9th, 2018, 03:49
I don't have the lost mine but I am wanting to DM a 3.5 conversion of B1 In Search of the unknown. I am fairly new at FG but have been playing D&D since 1979

Bert Blaine
September 9th, 2018, 04:39
I don't have the lost mine but I am wanting to DM a 3.5 conversion of B1 In Search of the unknown. I am fairly new at FG but have been playing D&D since 1979

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/181537/Classic-Modules-Today-B1-In-Search-of-the-Unknown?src=also_purchased

P0H0
September 9th, 2018, 17:15
I sent you a message.

I have everything requested and happen to be looking for a dependable group to DM.

- Ultimate License & all materials (start with requested adventure - Lost Mind of Phandelver)
- D&D Beyond & all materials for character creation if preferred (will port characters over)

Steffen_de_Wolff
September 9th, 2018, 23:05
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/181537/Classic-Modules-Today-B1-In-Search-of-the-Unknown?src=also_purchased

I have the original Module and made a 3.5 conversion for FG want to try it out sometime

flashingturtle
September 10th, 2018, 00:07
Hi there,

I am looking to run lost mines, here is a link

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45493-Looking-for-players-D-amp-D-starter-set-New-and-Experienced-players-welcome-*NEW-GAME*

Skillkoil
September 10th, 2018, 03:33
Hi everyone. I have a group of friends (6 total to be exact) that live in different parts of the country that would like to get into the official campaigns. It is difficult finding a game that isn't already going or playing an adventure that is more advanced. So we are looking for a DM that can be somewhat flexible with the experience the players would like to have and the campaign that we start in. We have people who have played before but several in the group are completely new. We would like to start at lvl 1 in the Lost Mine of Phandelver campaign.

Honestly being a DM for a group of players I dont know doesn't really sound like it would be interesting to anyone, although I could be wrong. I know there are DMs out there who charge for their "service" and we are definitely open to that. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it, thank you.

I hope you find someone reliable to DM your games. Be very careful with paying someone you don't know to GM a game for you. I know it is done and I'm not going to voice my opinion on it but make sure you and your group have some kind of recourse if the person doesn't turn out to be as reliable as they claim. I wish you the best of luck!

Grellmer
September 11th, 2018, 16:52
Thank you to everyone who replied. I really appreciate the hospitality here and the helpfulness. We have secured a DM and will begin playing soon.