PDA

View Full Version : Purchase, Gifting & Refund Options

LordEntrails
September 7th, 2018, 17:23
I understand some of the options, but, specifically when it comes to purchasing through the DMsGuild, I'm not sure of the implications. But, rather than just ask the specific questions I have, I thought it would be beneficial to layout all the options (and update this post when I learn the missing parts).

My questions;
- When purchasing licensing or modules/DLC from the www.dmsguild.com, how are these installed and handled? How long (typically) does it take to get an item from the Guild?
- Can items bought from the DMsGuild be gifted? How?
- Also, since I don't know, Can items bought on Steam be gifted? How?

Options

The FG Store; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/

Installation and Updates through the FG Update functionality using your forum username and password
30 day money-back guarantee (refund) by emailing [email protected]
Gifted via the Order History page, can only be gifted once, must be gifted within 7 days of purchase

Steam Powered;

LordEntrails
September 7th, 2018, 17:42
Accidentally submitted that before I was done and now I can't edit it... so eventually I'll put this in the first post when I can;

Steam Powered; https://store.steampowered.com/app/252690/Fantasy_Grounds/
- Requires syncing FG and Steam accounts via FG Settings
- Installation via Steam, Updates via FG Updater, requires use of FG forum username and password
- Refund via Steam, must be requested within 2 hours (of use???)
- Gifting ???

The DMsGuild; https://www.dmsguild.com/browse/pub/89/SmiteWorks
- Installations & Updates?
- Gifting?
- Refunds?

Bundle Impacts
If bundle pricing is desired, all purchases should either be bought via the FG Store or Steam. (Impact of DMsG purchases?). Note, if support is contacted, they may consolidate purchases to enable bundling on a case by case basis.

Sales
Within the limitations of start and end times (usually a few hours), all sales on FG Store and Steam are identical. DMsGuild sale coordination unknown.

See Also
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=fantasy_grounds_faq#faq_giftinginfo

Skillkoil
September 7th, 2018, 18:49
Thanks for attempting to gather all this information in one place. I have been asking several of those questions myself, especially in reference to bundles.

Halfront
September 7th, 2018, 19:10
[
Steam Powered; https://store.steampowered.com/app/252690/Fantasy_Grounds/
- Requires syncing FG and Steam accounts via FG Settings
- Installation via Steam, Updates via FG Updater, requires use of FG forum username and password
- Refund via Steam, must be requested within 2 hours (of use???)
- Gifting ???

I believe through Steam when you "purchase" it gives you an option of buying for yourself or as a gift...if that's what you referencing :)

Caelen
September 8th, 2018, 23:49
When you buy an item from the DMs Guild, you get the item immediately as a download link for a file. You must manually download the file and put it into the correct folder for FG. Updates are handled manually as well, though the DMsG has a page that shows what content you own has been updated since you last downloaded them.

I've never tried to gift or refund an item.

edit: I'm not sure if the smiteworks items that say they require registration work differently from normal items or not.

LordEntrails
September 9th, 2018, 02:04
When you buy an item from the DMs Guild, you get the item immediately as a download link for a file. You must manually download the file and put it into the correct folder for FG. Updates are handled manually as well, though the DMsG has a page that shows what content you own has been updated since you last downloaded them.

I've never tried to gift or refund an item.

edit: I'm not sure if the smiteworks items that say they require registration work differently from normal items or not.
Thanks, I know how 3pp work, I've got a few up there. I'm curious how the actual SW products work. I too have noticed that registration require comment, but haven't heard what that means :)

LordEntrails
September 12th, 2018, 00:21
I did find out about gifting on the Guild, you can buy OBS gift certificates. See; https://support.dmsguild.com/hc/en-us/articles/218066898-How-to-Purchase-Gift-Certificates

EDIT: a better link; https://support.dmsguild.com/hc/en-us/sections/204082798-Gift-Certificate-FAQ

ddavison
September 12th, 2018, 18:46
Thanks, I know how 3pp work, I've got a few up there. I'm curious how the actual SW products work. I too have noticed that registration require comment, but haven't heard what that means :)

There should be a place to enter a fantasygrounds.com username during checkout. Please note that there seems to be an issue from DMsGuild if you buy multiple modules at once. Only the first one gets sent across to us for registration. We've reported it but I don't recall seeing that it ever got fixed. Once it is linked, it installs with an Update just like purchases from Steam and fantasygrounds.com.

vainazzo
March 30th, 2020, 20:44
What about getting a partial refund on stuff that went out sale like right after you bought it?

LordEntrails
March 30th, 2020, 21:03
What about getting a partial refund on stuff that went out sale like right after you bought it?
If you bought it within 30 days you could request a full refund and then buy it at the sale price, so I assume if you ask for a price adjustment they would give you one. But would have to verify with [email protected]

ddavison
March 30th, 2020, 21:33
Yes, either of these options is fine. We sometimes need to do a full refund so you can repurchase it, because partial refunds require David to email me to adjust it in the system. I haven't built a system to allow our CS team to do those yet. I might need to do that though. :)

jekodama
July 4th, 2020, 07:07
I have a problem but I don't know if this is the right place to ask. Anyways, my husband got a license on the first of July and we've been exploring and using it (more than two hours of use) but it turns out it's useless to us because our internet provider refuses to open the ports to make it usable. Had we known about this, we wouldn't have gotten it! Could we still get a refund?

LordEntrails
July 4th, 2020, 07:14
Did you purchase it on Steam? If so I think you will have to reach out to Steam customer support. But I'm not sure :(

If you purchased here, contact [email protected]. They have a 30 day refund and will get you your money back quickly.

If you want, there might still be some options for us to help you get up and running, if still interested, have you checked out this thread? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47051-Fantasy-Grounds-Connections-Explained

jekodama
July 4th, 2020, 07:24
The thing is that our modem is locked and can't be accessed by users, only the internet provider can change the configuration and they don't want to open the ports, so it's basically useless atm. I'll check the thread, hopefully something there will help us!

LordEntrails
July 4th, 2020, 16:14
Ah, then you should still be able to use a VPN. Hamachi is free but everyone has to install it. PureVPN and Zero Tier are also mnown to work. There are several threads but you can start with the one titled Port Forward Alternatives.

ddavison
July 5th, 2020, 17:05
We have a 30 day refund policy for any purchases made from this website. Contact [email protected] and we can help you there.

Ashekelor
May 14th, 2021, 18:44
I apologize if this has been asked, I could not find an answer through exploring or searching:

I get a discount on most Pathfinder 1E and Starfinder items as I have the PDFs. Can I gift an item purchased with a discount? If not, is there another option I can use to gift an item, such as a way to not use the discount? Thanks!

LordEntrails
May 14th, 2021, 23:07
I'm thinking you are going to have to ask [email protected] directly for this one :)

Ashekelor
May 14th, 2021, 23:59
Thanks, will do!

ddavison
May 15th, 2021, 01:59
I apologize if this has been asked, I could not find an answer through exploring or searching:

I get a discount on most Pathfinder 1E and Starfinder items as I have the PDFs. Can I gift an item purchased with a discount? If not, is there another option I can use to gift an item, such as a way to not use the discount? Thanks!

That is not the intent of the discount, although the site still technically allows that. We will have to come up with a way to allow purchases of products for gifts at regular sale price and look to block gifting of discounted items based on bundle discounts that should only apply to your account.