PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item Forge --STAFF

Texorcist50
September 6th, 2018, 18:11
So I am trying to craft a magic staff for a player and the forge is telling me that quarterstaffs and magic staffs are incompatible , What am I doing wrong? I can see that the icon for quarterstaffs are blades and not staffs but I cannot find a compatible staff template. Image attached

Zacchaeus
September 6th, 2018, 18:41
You aren't doing anything wrong. The forge is very particular in what it requires in order to forge an item; both sides of the equation need to be the same type. A quarterstaff is a weapon so it can only be added to a magic item which is also a weapon. A staff is not classed as a weapon but rather it is a staff. (I know that some staffs are also weapons but for the purposes of the forge it's a staff). So if you wanted to combine two staffs then add a staff from the items list in the left hand side to a template in the right.

Alternatively create a basic staff in items. Give it the staff type and subtype weapon. You can add whatever damage etc that you like and can then combine it with any of the magic staffs.

Skillkoil
September 6th, 2018, 19:28
The easiest place to grab a staff from is under Arcane Focus in 5E or you can copy it and add subtype simple melee and add damage like Zac said. This is why I barely use the forge anymore. I just copy an item that is as close to what I want to make and then edit the copy. Adding what I want and renaming it.