PDA

View Full Version : Map help!

Evinthal84
September 6th, 2018, 17:30
Okay, I am getting extremely frustrated trying to figure out how to get a map into FG that isn't READ-ONLY.

I basically have tried everything I can think of, but no matter what I do I cannot get it to where players can move tokens around on the map themselves.

any suggestions?

Zacchaeus
September 6th, 2018, 17:39
Hi Evinthal Welcome to FG.

Click on the images button and then on the folder icon. Drag your map into that folder and it will appear in FG. Share the map with your players. You can unlock the map (small icon top right) and draw a grid on it as well as place a mask on it before you do the sharing. Any map loaded into FG like that will not be read only.

Now, I don't think this is your issue, so can you say what ruleset you are talking about (5e, 4e, Pathfinder Savage Worlds etc) and are you trying to do this on a specific map from a specific adventure or module?

Additionally even if the map is read only players can move tokens themselves so the read only bit of it isn't the issue. Make sure that you put the player characters and NPCs onto the combat tracker first (Drag PCs from the PC window or from the top left; for NPCs drag from the NPCs list after clicking the NPCs button). Once on the CT drag PCs and NPC from the CT onto the map.

If none of this solves your issue can you give us more information.

LordEntrails
September 6th, 2018, 17:40
Welcome to the forums :) Sorry you're having a problem.

Are you following these steps exactly?

1) Open campaign in FG
2) Open map/image list
3) Change map/image list to desired group
4) click folder button on map/image list
5) copy map using CTRL-C or right mouse Copy from other window browser, paste into window browser opened from FG
6) close window browser opened from FG button
7) Open image from map/image list
8) add FG grid if desired
9) Drag PC token from Combat Tracker on to the map

Can the player now interact with their tokens and move them?
If not;
- Do you have the GM campaign option Lock Tokens turned on or off?
- What ruleset are you using?
- What extensions are you using? Have you tried with all of them turned off?
- If using Advanved Kombat or Enhanced Layers extension, have you read the instructions for them and are doing things exactly the way the instructions say to do it?

Skillkoil
September 7th, 2018, 19:23
I think the issue you are having is you aren't dragging the tokens from the combat tracker. You have to place the tokens from the combat tracker, don't let player place tokens from their character sheets or anywhere else. Then you can set a grid or not, your choice. As well as locking the tokens, also your choice.