PDA

View Full Version : Effects code problems

flynnkd
September 5th, 2018, 09:32
I put [Parry +1] in a Line under the Block Edge, but it doesn't add 1 to the parry score, either shown or derived or in the result readout. If you create an Effect and add that it works.

Likewise I had a medium shield [Parry +1, Ranged|Thrown +2] where the second part works, but the parry part doesn't. Again you can add this as an Effect and it works, but not if it is part of the equipment description.

Parry mods seem to fail? Is this just me?

dstuffle
September 5th, 2018, 15:32
Have you tried it with the Parry all lower case?

Doswelk
September 5th, 2018, 16:18
Have you tried it with the Parry all lower case?
[Parry +1] should work, what version of SW and what extensions are you running?

flynnkd
September 6th, 2018, 06:26

Doswelk
September 6th, 2018, 09:57
I do know Global Effects broke stuff not sure if it was fixed, I do not use it anymore, not sure you need the defeated marker addon either

Ikael
September 6th, 2018, 15:59
Effects does not change character sheet values. You can only see [Parry +1] in Attack roll results, not as derived stat modifier in your sheet.

flynnkd
September 7th, 2018, 00:13
I know that. I was checking the chat output and the recorded Parry values, but had no effect.

flynnkd
September 12th, 2018, 08:01
OK the shield thing seems to have resolved itself, not entirely sure why, but might be that you have to make sure the adjusted item is re-equipped if needed, and you have to pass over them one time on the CT to make sure it adds the effect.

Next question: could someone explain to me if you can code effects for silver weapons against werewolves? How do you make a werewolf invulnerable to none magical, silver weapons, and how do you make a weapon do silver type damage?

Thanks in advance... :)