PDA

View Full Version : GM starfinder help

Leso
September 3rd, 2018, 23:42
I am interested in GM starfinder on fantasy grounds. What all do I need to purchase module wise to be able to GM? I know I need an ultimate lisence. Just looking to know what else I need. Thank you in advance.

Torg Smith
September 4th, 2018, 01:48
The core rules are all you need if you want automation for the combat tracker customized for Starfinder. The rest of the addons just provide more options. One thing to keep in mind is that they don't have automation in for starship combat yet. They plan to get it in, but it will takes some time. You can still handle starship combat but you will need to track it manually. They do have the ship character sheet in, so that is available.

You can play it without the core rules, but you will need to handle character creation and combat tracking manually.
Alien Archive adds NPCs for the GM and additional character races for the players.

Pack Worlds offers some additional options for both the GM and players.

The APs are good if you want to run them. They simplify setup for you. They also have a few player options in them as well, like backgrounds.

The Armory is supposed to be out relatively soon. That will add items.

EDIT: If you get the addons, you will want to get the core rules as well.

Leso
September 4th, 2018, 02:30
Awesome, thank you for the detailed response.

KillerRabbit
September 4th, 2018, 11:35
You dont need ultimate. I run it with standard. If i pay big bugs for everything the players can pay 4 dollar

Samarex
September 4th, 2018, 21:57
You dont need ultimate. I run it with standard. If i pay big bugs for everything the players can pay 4 dollar

Ultimate alowes Free and Standard users to connect
Standard Allows Standard users to connect

Samarex
September 4th, 2018, 22:03
Ultimate alowes Free and Standard users to connect
Standard Allows Standard users to connect

Just as point. There is the monthly plans. And it works if you dont have the cash for the Lifetime but if you know your going to keep going it will be worth it at some poit to get the lifetime. One payment and your done.