PDA

View Full Version : Constant Connect and Disconnect

Zantatsu
September 3rd, 2018, 22:08
I am in a game with a few people and I am the only one constantly losing and regaining connection I have never had this problem with any other game I am in and I have tried many different things even uninstalling FG and redownloading and nothing worked I even checked the port and no problem there its just his game I have this problem with anyone with any ideas?

Zacchaeus
September 3rd, 2018, 22:30
The most likely culprit is a memory issue. When you are in game see how much memory FG is using. If it is up about the 3Gb mark then that is the issue. Have your DM unshare as many images, modules and especially tokens as possible. Then, before you reconnect nuke your cache (small nuke button top right of the join screen).

It is also possible that it is your network. If you are on a wireless you may be losing signal. it may also be something like flood protection on your router or possibly anti virus software is the culprit.

Edit: and if you are on a 32bit OS then that 3GB would be closer to 2Gb before issues set in.

Bidmaron
September 4th, 2018, 01:28
If you have a 32 bit operating system, you will fail way sooner than 3gb. That would explain why the other players have no issue and you do