PDA

View Full Version : Beasts and Barbarians Theme

hereander
September 2nd, 2018, 20:46
Hi!

I just purchased Savage Worlds and the Beasts & Barbarians PG. In the screenshots on the shop there is a certain theme shown with the B&B stuff.
Which one is this? When I start a new campaign I only have Simple Brown and Simple Gray as an alternative to the SW standard theme.
With other ruleset I usually have the generic woods and dungeons themes available, probably they're not compatible with SW? Am I missing something?

cheer,
hereander

Mortar
September 2nd, 2018, 21:04
Did you purchase both the GM Guide and Player Guide? Themes are generally included in the GM download package.

Mortar
September 2nd, 2018, 21:09
Just checked my update log, it is part of the GM Guide download package.

hereander
September 2nd, 2018, 21:17
No, didn't purchase that one yet as I allready have the book. For me the mechanically relevant stuff is only in the PG. So another 25$ for the theme?
I couldn't find any of that information in the shop descriptions. IMHO the preview artwork is at least misleading in that case.

Mortar
September 2nd, 2018, 21:31
All rulesets and bundled themes work the samw way. No point in having a theme included in a players guide.

The only time you as a player would see it in character management or start a game of your own. Once you join a game you see whatever theme the GM is using.