PDA

View Full Version : Which are the two adventures in the CoC 7th edition Ruleset?

Valyar
September 2nd, 2018, 14:54
Never thought I will be asking or considering anything about Call of Cthulhu... but YouTube and boredom do unexpected things to a man...

I presume the two starter adventures are the one from the Keeper Rulebook?

damned
September 2nd, 2018, 15:26
Never thought I will be asking or considering anything about Call of Cthulhu... but YouTube and boredom do unexpected things to a man...

I presume the two starter adventures are the one from the Keeper Rulebook?

They are.. cant think of their names just now...

Valyar
September 2nd, 2018, 15:38
Another question related to the ruleset and the Investigator handbook: do I need to have both to run a game and have my players browsing skill rules, weapons, level up and etc? Does it l ad to a duplicate content, like there is in the printed books?

So far I never used an official ruleset and all modules and manuals are prepared by me... so excuse the dumb question. There are no “previews” of the products that show me what is inside in greater details.

damned
September 2nd, 2018, 15:57
The investigators Handbook is totally a players resource.
It has a bunch on dupe content and a stack of new content.
It is not required for play.
I would not get it until you have run a few sessions of CoC and you want to play some more.
And then... as its very much a players resource get your players to buy it for you!

Valyar
September 2nd, 2018, 16:12
And then... as its very much a players resource get your players to buy it for you!
Good idea! If the sessions turned out well, I will have good sales pitch for this...:)

Nowadays I combat those “roll20 is free and easy to use” bullshits and the stereotype that rpgs are free and nobody should pay. /rant off

damned
September 2nd, 2018, 16:15
if you and your players have not played CoC before it can be quite the mind shift...
going from all conquering superheroes to fragile mere mortals... and roleplaying them as such... :)
Ia! Ia!

Valyar
September 2nd, 2018, 17:38
I am the one of the few people in my area that is doing different things than D&D (bleah, puke) and sometimes finding players eager to play something different takes time. I rely on the fact that back in the old days many people played the World of Darkness as mortals and some continue to play today probably... D20 Modern was a thing back in the days :)

With proper marketing from my side I hope i will get some investigators and make them lose their sanity. So far I am preparing by getting into the proper mindset of a Keeper and reading some Cthulhu stuffs.

PS: I watched several YouTube videos of streamers playing Cthulhu with the 7E ruleset... I really like the visual style, helps to get into the right mood.