PDA

View Full Version : Potential Bug with Player Tokens

Cybra
September 2nd, 2018, 05:01
So I bumped into this with both of my groups. I didn't see it on the forum board, so I apologize if I missed a post.

Players are unable to drag their player tokens from their character sheets onto maps. As the DM, I attempted to do the same, but the player tokens just would not appear. However, grabbing the tokens from the combat tracker and placing them on the maps worked and players were still able to move their tokens around the maps once they'd been added, so there is a workaround for this issue.

damned
September 2nd, 2018, 05:24
So I bumped into this with both of my groups. I didn't see it on the forum board, so I apologize if I missed a post.

Players are unable to drag their player tokens from their character sheets onto maps. As the DM, I attempted to do the same, but the player tokens just would not appear. However, grabbing the tokens from the combat tracker and placing them on the maps worked and players were still able to move their tokens around the maps once they'd been added, so there is a workaround for this issue.

Cybra the ONLY way you are supposed to put PC and NPC tokens on the map is from the CT.
EVERY other way means that the bulk of the FG features dont work...

In 3.3.6 this was enforced.

Dragging PCs and NPCs to the CT and from the CT to the MAP is probably the single most important thing to know when using FG. I refer to it as the Golden Rule.

Cybra
September 13th, 2018, 19:15
Okay. I hadn't realized that this had changed. The last time I had to add tokens to a map was pre-enforcement. My apologies.

Skillkoil
September 13th, 2018, 21:33
The Combat Tracker is your friend! damned is right, it should be everyone's "Golden Rule". I'm so glad they force them from the CT now. The K.I.S.S method is always the best.

Ampersandrew
September 14th, 2018, 17:29
I just started using FG to run games and it took me half an hour to figure out that I had to drag first to the combat tracker and from there to the map.

Andraax
September 14th, 2018, 23:30
I just started using FG to run games and it took me half an hour to figure out that I had to drag first to the combat tracker and from there to the map.

It's in the user guide.

LordEntrails
September 15th, 2018, 00:33
Yep, make sure you read the guide and/or watch some videos. FG is a different animal than other VTTs, so save yourself the hassle of figuring things out for yourself and spend some time with one of more of the various resources others have put together to get you up to speed quickly.

Halfront
September 15th, 2018, 01:59
Cybra, I would also recommend looking into FG College and take some DM101 classes. They been very helpful to me and everyone has been great!

JohnD
September 15th, 2018, 16:55
RTFM is good advice for some of this stuff.

Still, everyone goes through the learning curve diffently.