PDA

View Full Version : Masks of Nyarlathotep 7e - I'm considering porting to FGII

romelwell
September 1st, 2018, 23:26
Good day,

My name is Rom Elwell and I'm a software architect by day and CoC 7e fan by night. You might have run into me at the BRP forums, YSDC, @Necronomicon server on Discord or possibly in one of the few CoC/Chaosium groups on FB or G+.

I was an early adopter of FGII years ago (I was one of the original guys who assisted with the initial C&C ruleset) but have not used the application in many years. I recently decided to return to the fold and after reviewing the work of DIE Hard Gaming in the core ruleset, I'm debating whether or not there is strong support for a port of the recently released MoN 7e for FGII.

I'd love to hear your questions/comments/concerns on this topic as I review the level of effort and time required to roll out this massive campaign in iterative releases.

Thanks!

damned
September 2nd, 2018, 01:02
There has been some interest expressed in a conversion of that beast!

Mitzter
September 2nd, 2018, 07:39
I would definitely buy it but I am just one man. I can't see us starting this year but we definitely want to try one of the big campaigns (MoN or HoTOE) and the more someone else will do for me the better :)

vvZODvv
September 3rd, 2018, 14:56
Having bought the newest version of the campaign with an eye toward running it at some point, I would be interested in this too.

rstrahan
September 23rd, 2018, 19:35
I'd be very interested.

dstuffle
September 24th, 2018, 23:02
I would buy it the first day I hear of its release.

Logan-05
October 3rd, 2018, 05:08
Definitely interested.

zaeriak
October 9th, 2018, 18:32
I also would be all over it.. I have been wanting to run it, and I have recently began using FGII.. I would love to see this created and I also would buy it the first day available..

**Dances Hopefully**

romelwell
October 9th, 2018, 18:55
Thanks to everyone that has expressed interest in this conversion. Yesterday Chaosium announced that @madbeardman will be taking on the official conversion of MoN7e to FGII! There is no timetable given (yet) but I would expect it to take some time for this conversion to be completed. If you need/want further details, please check with him. Thanks!

Banderad
November 14th, 2019, 11:58
Do we know when this is gonna be released yet?

Flandal
May 18th, 2020, 02:42
Was wondering if there is any progress on the 7th edition version of MoN for FGU? I have a group that wants me to run it, so I'm trying to decide if I should download and play the older edition, or wait for this one to go live... even if it's not for a couple more months...?
Thx

FuzionReaktor
May 18th, 2020, 05:01
Would buy it in a heartbeat, just picked up the 7E slipcase collection the other day to get ready to run it and having it in FG would be a godsend.

maugrim8866
May 18th, 2020, 15:37
I would too.

Zar
May 18th, 2020, 19:11
Thanks to everyone that has expressed interest in this conversion. Yesterday Chaosium announced that @madbeardman will be taking on the official conversion of MoN7e to FGII! There is no timetable given (yet) but I would expect it to take some time for this conversion to be completed. If you need/want further details, please check with him. Thanks!

Also check this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48107-New-Masks-of-Nyarlathotep

Heilemann
May 24th, 2020, 01:10
Just leaving a comment here in support of a new version of MoN ��

TheKnightsSquire
June 3rd, 2020, 01:55
Is Masks still in the works? It's probably one of the best Cthulhu campaigns so it's kind of a bummer the 7e version isn't in Fantasy Grounds yet. I'll buy it day 1 if it ever gets released.

allcode
October 14th, 2020, 03:17
Yes, I made the mistake of purchasing this thinking it was 7e, and it doesn't show up in the 7e list... Do we have a release date?

osarusan
October 17th, 2020, 13:57
Yes, I made the mistake of purchasing this thinking it was 7e, and it doesn't show up in the 7e list... Do we have a release date?

Heh, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who did this.

Malaith
October 19th, 2020, 20:36
Hope it comes out soon!

Naurthoron
October 22nd, 2020, 14:45
I guess it will be the best sale the week it gets out ;-)

Jiminimonka
December 5th, 2020, 12:06
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=CHA23118FG2 - is this it?

Zar
December 5th, 2020, 12:10
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=CHA23118FG2 - is this it?

Nope, this is for the 6th edition ruleset.