PDA

View Full Version : Some questions before I commit . . .

KnightErrantJR
June 12th, 2006, 06:50
You can ask my wife, we dated for five years before we got married . . . I like to be absolutely certain before I commit :D

I was just wondering how active the gaming schedules might be. I would like to play D&D 3.5, Star Wars d20, or Call of Cthulhu d20 . . . how much interest and activity are there in these systems?

I would prefer to play in a DragonLance, Eberron, or Greyhawk campaign if I play (I DM Forgotten Realms in my normal campaign, so I'd rather play elsewhere). Are these settings supported well?

I'm in the central time zone. Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday are all out as far as playing, but I can also play during the day every other week either on monday, thursday, and friday, or on tuesday and wednesday. Are there groups out there that fit in these time frames?

Just curious, I will continue to do the research, but if anyone has some answers to the above questions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time and attention in advance. ;)

Nayr
June 12th, 2006, 07:23
Yes, those things are supported, though you might have to get a custom ruleset, which I am like 85% sure they have them. The whole thing Fantasy Grounds is that it is basically a virtual table top to play on, though they have the D&D 3.5 standard. I would think there are, not sure though. Most of the groups aren't majorly for dedication, so if you can't make one, you can't make one, no biggy.

Griogre
June 12th, 2006, 19:45
I was just wondering how active the gaming schedules might be.
I suggest you go though the last several pages of the Guild Hall forum to see what has been advertised in the past. Off hand, I believe there has been some interested expressed in all the systems you mentioned.

I'm in the central time zone. Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday are all out as far as playing, but I can also play during the day every other week either on monday, thursday, and friday, or on tuesday and wednesday. Are there groups out there that fit in these time frames?

If you go through the Guild Hall you should get a good idea of games and times you can also look on the Game Calender. The game calender only shows non private games though. If you do play during the week and don't have an unusual schedule, you probably need to play with people in a time zone next to you.