PDA

View Full Version : Long Term 5E Homebrew Starting with Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Skillkoil
August 31st, 2018, 04:42
**Campaign started Friday, 9/21/18 You can still post for backup. I won't post recaps like I do for my other campaigns because of SPOILERS, at least until we are out of Waterdeep**

FG License: GM has Ultimate
Game System: 5E Dungeons & Dragons

Time Zone: EST - UTC -4
Day of week and time: Friday / 6:00 to 10:00 Minimum
If new game, planned start date:Tentative Start 9/14/18 (May change depending on Module Roll Out)
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: Roleplay/Combat - 60/40
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 4 / Need 2
Character starting level & equipment: Level 2
Character restrictions: 27 point buy or Standard Points Array

Details of your scenario: Forgotten Realms Homebrew that will start with [parts of] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist through Dungeon of the Mad Mage (Undermount) then the story will naturally progress to wherever the group takes it. I am looking for players who really enjoy playing in character. Who want to be a part of creating an epic story together and focus more on having fun than litigating rules. The rules are important but they are not the point of playing. The subject matter of most of my games are usually mature and meant to make you weigh your decisions carefully. (Mature does not mean Sexually Explicit) I want players who enjoy group cohesion and supporting their party members. I have a short list of game rules and homebrew rules that are available to all players on our Discord server.

A word on Attendance: If making a scheduled game every week is something you find challenging then my game is probably not for you. We all have personal lives and things come up from time to time. that is not what I'm referring too. If every other session you are going to be missing or late, please don't apply.

If this game sounds like something you would be interested in playing in, feel free to reply below. Please include the following.

1. What part of Roleplaying do you enjoy the most?

2. What do you expect from a roleplaying group?

3. What would you like to see in the campaign? Lots of combat? Puzzles? Traps? Political Drama? Heavy Role-playing? Big Overarching Plots? Open World Exploration? Etc..

Please include your answers in your reply. (I asked you twice, can you follow directions?)

Kingofthecrows
August 31st, 2018, 07:35
1. What part of Roleplaying do you enjoy the most? I like the flaws or quirks as a character, it brings challenges but makes the things I'm good at all the more satisfying.

2. What do you expect from a roleplaying group? People who understand the difference between your character and you as a person.

3. What would you like to see in the campaign? Lots of combat? Puzzles? Traps? Political Drama? Heavy Role-playing? Big Overarching Plots? Open World Exploration? Etc.. A DM who's confident is always nice. I don't ask, I just accept what's given. Combat is great, but inadvertant distractions and puzzles are always welcome when done right. As for the plot, keep the original theme throughout the whole way through and it'll be smooth sailing on my end.

MyGivinOpinion
August 31st, 2018, 12:46
1. What part of Roleplaying do you enjoy the most? Meeting people, seeing new ideas, being able to escape the reality of my life for a few hours lol. but really everything about it. from creations to deaths and everything between.

2. What do you expect from a roleplaying group? Understanding that I am NOT my character. We had an issue with this in our recent group.

3. What would you like to see in the campaign? Lots of combat? Puzzles? Traps? Political Drama? Heavy Role-playing? Big Overarching Plots? Open World Exploration? Etc.. I am flexible, I am here for it all. Less on the political drama side of things unless we cause it by doing something, then it's always fun to see the fallout. lol

Skillkoil
August 31st, 2018, 15:27
Thank you for the replies. I will be sending you invites to the Discord server in the near future so we can discuss the campaign in more detail.

Skillkoil
September 10th, 2018, 13:55
The game will start this coming friday 9/14/18 at 6:00 EST. I have room for one more player and have sent messages to those who expressed interest. Look forward to seeing you all in the City of Splendor!

Game got pushed back a week due to Hurricane Florence. But we have started as of 9/21.

P0H0
September 10th, 2018, 23:05
I would like to be considered.

Sharing in the creation of a story.

Cooperation and creativity.

3. What would you like to see in the campaign? Lots of combat? Puzzles? Traps? Political Drama? Heavy Role-playing? Big Overarching Plots? Open World Exploration? Etc..

All the above - character development and influence in the direction of the story.

P0H0
September 10th, 2018, 23:08

Skillkoil
September 11th, 2018, 09:33
P0H0 sorry for not getting back to you beforehand. The campaign is currently full but I would be happy to put you on the top of the backup list in case someone can't make the game. Because of where I live there is a concern that we won't be able to start this Friday. We are probably going to get hit by Hurricane Florence and that may knock out power here. Thanks for your interest!

mlesnews
September 24th, 2018, 20:53
1. What part of Roleplaying do you enjoy the most? Getting into the PC's persona and trying to think how they would think, feel and act. I also like to try doing a different voice for each, even if it isn't always the best but it is always funny at some level, even if it's just funny to me.

2. What do you expect from a roleplaying group? I try to set a low bar for any and all roleplaying so I'm pleasantly surprised when it does happen!

3. What would you like to see in the campaign? Lots of combat? Puzzles? Traps? Political Drama? Heavy Role-playing? Big Overarching Plots? Open World Exploration? Etc... A little bit of everything is great for me at least, buffet of rpg!

Please include your answers in your reply. (I asked you twice, can you follow directions?) Yessir, answered as honestly as I could.

Skillkoil
September 24th, 2018, 21:00
I should have updated the OP this campaign started on 9/21. I will keep you in mind for a backup in case someone can't continue playing. If that is ok with you?

mlesnews
September 24th, 2018, 21:04
I should have updated the OP this campaign started on 9/21. I will keep you in mind for a backup in case someone can't continue playing. If that is ok with you?

Yep sure thing! Good luck with your current group!

Skillkoil
September 24th, 2018, 21:07
Yep sure thing! Good luck with your current group!

Thanks!

EeveeQT
October 1st, 2018, 03:18
Hello all, I am very new to FG, due to a lot of the issues recently with R20. But I am 15+ years experienced in TTRPG, with 3-5 years of DM experience. My priority of of RPG are DnD, pathfinder, related. Primarily in Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk settings for DnD. I like to play in the middle aged era type of games, so I tend to not like high gun use, or western type of campaign but its not a hard no, in that regard. I am very interested in playing with some folks online, and would like a group to learn FG with instead of trying to wing it, myself. I do tend to play morally good characters, with some morally grey tendencies. Will not actively seek to do something completely evil or destructive of someone else that doesn't deserve it. Revenge could be a different case depending on the situation. For dragonhiest+ I have a handful of characters I'd already like to play, but I am fairly flexible and can fill in 'party roles' if needed.
I tend to make make characters using Mythweavers so if my post catches any attention, I'd love to share and possible talk about adapted a character to fit this game.

Character development, and living in a fantasy world. Wrapping a green character's head around what is going on and how they mesh with the world. Learning and honing my skills and powers. And Exploring the the realm.

Character conflict among a party; this doesn't mean that characters are at eachothers throats all the time but may not see things on the same level. Very few parties should perfectly cohesive. Best friends will still argue about minor things and get heated, so when tensions are high such as with lives on the line I'd feel its a simple interaction. Most conflicts wouldn't come to a lethal fight, most likely just debate of ideals and judgements.

Learning how a 'hero' interacts with the commoner, wealthy, royal, tradesmen, well-connected. This is a bit of politic'ing but social situations should definitely be a part of a characters life in a world, if they mean to actually develop reputation and status.

All of the above. If previous statements didn't cover any of these aspects. I like overarching plots, and exploration. Episodic adventure is fine and good but at least a few plots could be a clue to a larger plot of a greater event.

Skillkoil
October 1st, 2018, 03:23
Welcome to the Forums!! Our campaign is currently full but I will keep you in mind for a back up! Thank you for your interest!